Has anyone offered Nederlands Austin Krautz?

BigRedPecker

He had another great game last night vs Vidor with around 160 yards rushing. He's not the biggest kid but neither is Kade Harrington and I think he'd excel in our offense. I love to watch him run and think he's plenty good enough to play at the next level. Does anyone know if hes been offered a scholarship to play here or anywhere else?

I've watched this kid for the last 3 years and he's someone I've wondered if we are after. He's got over 600 yards and 6-7 TDs through 4 games this year going over 100 yards every game. We have a back committed at the moment and too 2 last year but I wouldn't be upset if we took Krautz and figured out where to play him later. I'll try to see if w are after him.

Add another 182 yards on the ground and another TD for Krautz last night against Ozen.

I was able to get a little info about his recruitment. Was told he doesn't not currently hold any offers but he has heard from Lamar. However, it was also said that SELA is recruiting him the most. Really hope Lamar offers this kid because I feel like if we do he's ours. He can play RB, WR, or DB so he's versatile enough to take him as an athlete and figure out where he'll play when the rest of the class shakes out.

Add another 182 yards on the ground and another TD for Krautz last night against Ozen.

I was able to get a little info about his recruitment. Was told he doesn't not currently hold any offers but he has heard from Lamar. However, it was also said that SELA is recruiting him the most. Really hope Lamar offers this kid because I feel like if we do he's ours. He can play RB, WR, or DB so he's versatile enough to take him as an athlete and figure out where he'll play when the rest of the class shakes out.

I just looked at his hudl highlights. He's a little bitty dude. But, apparently very strong and very quick. If he really runs a 4.5 then it's a no brainer for me, offer that kid. But, I think he's too small to play defensive back.

According to the Beaumont Enterprise he is 5'9" 175. He's on the smaller side of a DB but not unheard of. He played a lot of corner his Sophomore year while playing some WR too. Last year her played RB and split out wide at time as well while playing less DB. This year he has been the feature back and moves out wide at times similar to what we do with Kade on occasion. Haven't seen him play much if any DB this season. He's really deceptively fast...some people don't think a while boy can get up and go but he's got pretty good speed and shut up some rival fans on SETXSports real quick last year.

According to the Beaumont Enterprise he is 5'9" 175. He's on the smaller side of a DB but not unheard of. He played a lot of corner his Sophomore year while playing some WR too. Last year her played RB and split out wide at time as well while playing less DB. This year he has been the feature back and moves out wide at times similar to what we do with Kade on occasion. Haven't seen him play much if any DB this season. He's really deceptively fast...some people don't think a while boy can get up and go but he's got pretty good speed and shut up some rival fans on SETXSports real quick last year.

Like KA, I've seen him play quite a bit, and his position in college would be in the slot reciever. Has good speed, probably faster than Harrington, but is not in the same league as far as quickness. He has showed he is durable also. As a coaching staff you have to evaluate his talent to your other recruits - you only have a finite number of scholarships & IMHO, your priority should be offensive lineman, then defensive lineman. I would also like to see a big back (fullback type) to pound it in at the goal line.

Skinny ! your right on with the priorities for recruiting. Big games are won in the trenches and the ability to score touchdowns once you reach the red zone. Lamar would have won the SELA game if they could have pushed one of the goal line plays in for a touchdown.