Lamar Baseball Coaching Search

FormerCardnal11

This is my first post on here, former Lamar athlete looking to join conversation about my former school.

Just curious right now about the baseball team, has anyone heard of what's going on with the hiring process? Baseball practice is only a couple weeks away and as far as I know we still do not have a coach.

Well Gilligan is still it for this year and they have not made any announcement of one of the assistants getting the job so I assume they are looking outside the school at this time. With that said I read where a potential 2017 player has been offered a scholarship.

Thanks for the info guys, I had heard Gilligan stepped down/retired and Ricklson had been coaching the team in the fall. Will be nice to see a new face coaching the program regardless of who it is. Just hope they find someone willing to spend the time recruiting finding the best athletes possible as well as developing those athletes throughout their time at Lamar to win more ball games.