2017 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

I respect his decision and while I would like to know why he decided to change his mind, the post sounds like someone really pissed him off. If not and he is just spouting off, then from the comment I would say Lamar should move on and be glad he isn't coming.

I believe he committed to Kilgore JC. Makes sense now.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[tweet]821548764091523073[/tweet]

Reggie Boseman a 6'1" 240 lbs DL from Beaumont Central HS

Other offers from Iowa Wesleyan, Kentucky Christian, Louisiana College, Southern, SE Oklahoma, Southwestern & Texas A&M-Kingsville

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2199617/reggie-boseman

[tweet]824755336208871429[/tweet]

Boseman has committed to Lamar. Was also a first team Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold team member.

Yea I noticed that, might be the first ever Lamar commit in Houston top 100. Does anybody know who might be officially visiting this weekend.

Been pretty quiet in terms of visitors...contact period end Sunday so maybe the staff is using this last weekend to pay visits to uncommitted guys who aren't in OVs this weekend and also lock down committed guys

Been pretty quiet in terms of visitors...contact period end Sunday so maybe the staff is using this last weekend to pay visits to uncommitted guys who aren't in OVs this weekend and also lock down committed guys

Based off of the Lamar Football Twitter account they are hosting some visitors this weekend. I have not seen any indication as to who but I'm still digging.

[tweet]820815682434695169[/tweet]

JT Vongor a 6'2" 270 lbs OL from South Grand Prairie HS

Other offers from Air Force, Alcorn St., New Mexico & Texas Southern

2-Star by 247 and Scout

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5018202/jt-vongor

Vongor has committed to Lamar

[tweet]826235200241860609[/tweet]

Edited by KABrother88

how many can we sign this year?i count 18 committed so far.i also hear we can expect a d1 transfer(big time) running back to be announced tomorrow.

It's pretty hard to get an exact number, but that's about what they lost thru graduation plus a few that left/transferred give or take a couple. If you're talking about James White from A&M being the D1 transfer, he was talked about previously on this thread. He's a big, downhill runner that's just had a hard time staying on the field due to injury. If he can stay healthy, he could be a good one.

how many can we sign this year?i count 18 committed so far.i also hear we can expect a d1 transfer(big time) running back to be announced tomorrow.

Always difficult to make that call. With FCS teams being able to split scholarships you never really know how many are not on full scholarships but are still part of the signing class. By my count we had 20 players graduate from last years roster. In addition to Austin Krautz leaving the team LB Mike Coats has left too. They were both a part of last years class. I think you'll see a few others leave as well that aren't known at this time. With the lack of known DL commits at the moment, it makes me wonder if the staff is going to be content and keep those in their back pocket. To do that is a risk though because you are looking for overlooked JUCO players, late HS qualifiers and Summer FBS transfers. 2 uncommitted DL guys is keep an eye on leading up to tomorrow are Darren Thomas and Quincey Williams. As I posted earlier Darren's father Donald played at Lamar in the 80's and Darren just decommitted from Texas St which was his only reported FBS offer. I've also been told that Darren and Quincey are close so that could play a factor.

If you are referencing Texas A&M RB James White, I have a connection with someone in the know on A&M football and he confirmed to me that White had indeed left the A&M team but there was no indication of where he was going. I am expecting to see him as part of the class but haven't listed him since I haven't seen it myself.

Excited to see what they all look like during spring practices. Also, I want to give a shout out to KABrother88 for keeping up with the commitment list on the thread. Much appreciated!
definetly want to thank kabrother for all his hard work.its very appreciated.just needs a pi in front of the ka.lol