2019 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the LamarCardinals.com QB Will McBride from University of Tennessee has transferred to Lamar and will be eligible next season. Graduated from Clear Springs HS. He should be a good qb for us.

His picture and bio has been taken down on the website. Not sure what is going on......

McBride has now announced his transfer to Lamar

He was in on a visit VERY recently along with a possible receiver transfer I'm not sure has been named. McBride's Hudl videos don't jump out at me at all. Now the receiver looks legit if he transfers. He's from well known school also. He would be a definite get.

I looked over McBride's tape again and the rush to judgement from before by me might have been in error. I did a brief look before but looked more extensively after he actually signed. He looks pretty good. One thing that sticks out to me right off the bat is that it looks like he ran a lot of spread in high school, didn't see any RPO. Will Schultz change his offense to match his skills or the opposite way around? Either way it's a good get, immediately eligible with 3 years remaining to play. Maybe Schultz will put more passing plays into the game plan.

I looked over McBride's tape again and the rush to judgement from before by me might have been in error. I did a brief look before but looked more extensively after he actually signed. He looks pretty good. One thing that sticks out to me right off the bat is that it looks like he ran a lot of spread in high school, didn't see any RPO. Will Schultz change his offense to match his skills or the opposite way around? Either way it's a good get, immediately eligible with 3 years remaining to play. Maybe Schultz will put more passing plays into the game plan.

Wow...this kid looks legit! I wonder why he's leaving? Just hope it isn't drugs or something else illegal.

Does anyone know his rating coming out of high school? I would think that for Tennessee to be interested he must have been at least a 3 star recruit.

Scout 3-star dual threat QB with offers from Tennessee, Memphis, Boise State, ULL, Purdue, SMU, Utah and Utah State.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/216952/will-mcbride

I like this kid. He looks like he's a decent passer and he's got some wheels.I'm curious as to how Lamar found him or how he found Lamar?

Decent? Lol. Granted, the videos will only show his best plays but from what I watched he has an extremely quick release (granted, a little odd looking), he threw at least two balls about 55 yds on the money, and there's one throw around 45 yards on a rope. By far the best Hudl video of the qb's we've signed previously.

that would bring us to 7 quarterbacks! unless morse is a TE

Morse is transferring to Henderson State where he will compete for the staring job this spring. It's D2 and he is immediately eligible. He has 2 years of eligibility left. I hope he lights it up. Pretty sure they like to chuck it around. He bailed Woodard out big time when he was a true freshman pressed into dropping his redshirt due to injury. I believe Woodard helped more getting him a new home than the current staff. I'm pretty sure they kept him around as a safety net this year knowing he wasn't in their plans. The kid's been a team player always with a great attitude no matter the circumstances. I wish him nothing but the best. Ball out kid

Morse is transferring to Henderson State where he will compete for the staring job this spring. It's D2 and he is immediately eligible. He has 2 years of eligibility left. I hope he lights it up. Pretty sure they like to chuck it around. He bailed Woodard out big time when he was a true freshman pressed into dropping his redshirt due to injury. I believe Woodard helped more getting him a new home than the current staff. I'm pretty sure they kept him around as a safety net this year knowing he wasn't in their plans. The kid's been a team player always with a great attitude no matter the circumstances. I wish him nothing but the best. Ball out kid
wish him the best and thanks for representing lamar the last few years.

Happy for the kid and hope for the best for him. Obviously things didn’t work out as planned for him at Lamar and with the addition of 2 more QBs to this signing class it was clear the writing was on the wall. To be honest I was surprised he stayed this past year given the circumstances with the offense but I applaud him to sticking it out.

I heard he was told "you aren't the type of quarterback we are looking for". So, obviously he was never given a shot with the idiot Dulz. Morse probably throws better left handed than Colbert. Anyway, he's a better person than me, I would have told Dulz where to stick it if that is really what he was told.

Good luck to Morse, I hope he lights it up.