MBB at SELa

Skinny1

While LUstrategy seems to be to get the ball inside, Nzeakor seems to be forcing the offense too much and not kicking the ball back out. Nzeakor came out at the first media timeout, with Foster replacing him Foster doesn't bring enough energy with his size.

Half time and SELA has a one point lead at 33-32. First half has been a tight game the whole way with the largest lead at five points in favor of Lamar and SELA's Largest lead being three. For maybe the first time all year Lamar is significantly ahead in the turnover margin with the Cards only having three. SELA is dominating the rebounds 25-12. Lamar should have been ahead at the half, but failed to get back after taking a shot with six seconds left in the half.

Second half Lamar not making baskets. Taking too many forced shots. Five second half turnovers. Slowly falling farther behind as the Cards are down by seven at the under eight minute timeout with SELA shooting free throws when the game resumes.

Lamar drops another game SELA 76 Lamar 69. Out shot, out rebounded, out coached, Cards drop to 1-4 in conference. Good news is Cards won't loose on Saturday as they don't play, and play another bottom tier team next Wednesday. Edited by geezer

I think we need to stop the scoreboard advertising about the SLC Basketball Tournament in Katy during the men's home games. And I'm sick and tired of the "we really lost to a good team, they are much better than their record " excuse after losing to the bottom feeders in the conference. There is obviously a problem with mental toughness and coaching when you can't win the games you should.

Let's just say I don't expect to ever see the kind of every game quality performance from this team that is needed to be a top three regular season conference contender. I also doubt that the present coaching staff will ever deliver a squad that can meet that expectation on an annual basis. Of the four conference losses this year two of them to teams with only one win so far and three of them are to teams that LU doesn't play again this season so LU can't make back the lost game on it's own. Edited by geezer

Tic Price cannot evaluate talent and on top of that he's not a good recruiter. If I were a young man I would not want to go play for him.There is no way in hell that Lamar should be second from last in the Southland conference which may be very well the worst basketball conference in D1 basketball. The facilities, academics, and location should guarantee a spot towards the top of the conference every year. Price has to go as head coach.

Boy, you hate to wish bad on a person but the reality, of the situation, is that, unless MMB's turns around, Coach Price is gone. Marco Born is not going to allow this slide to continue.

I’m right there with you. I wish Tic was the man for the job. He’s done the best he could but we don’t even have an SLC tournament semifinals appearance to show for it.