Will Davis

Does anyone have faith Will Davis can turn the baseball program around ?

Q&A with him from the Beaumont Enterprise below

I'm curious of other opinions because he says we lost 19 games by one or two run but I would say good teams / coaches win near half of them right ?

No sugar-coating we finished last in the Southland but don't forget about the UTSA and Gonzaga games at the end of the year.... but we wake up and beat TCU.... So are we closer to turning it around or falling further in the hole with Davis ??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/amp/Q-A-with-Lamar-baseball-coach-Will-Davis-13868855.php

I think anytime you hire a coach that has never run a program there is a learning curve for the coach and unless the AD that does the hiring is extremely lucky the first few years are liable to be ugly. Lamar is no longer a school where the history of the program makes it an attractive job so placing a short leash on a new coach to build a program won't help draw a better coach. There have been some spots of apparent improvement but not enough. What happens next year will make the decision for everyone. Nothing was mentioned in the article about fielding and next to relief pitching that was the biggest weakness for this past season.

Does anyone have faith Will Davis can turn the baseball program around ?

Q&A with him from the Beaumont Enterprise below

I'm curious of other opinions because he says we lost 19 games by one or two run but I would say good teams / coaches win near half of them right ?

No sugar-coating we finished last in the Southland but don't forget about the UTSA and Gonzaga games at the end of the year.... but we wake up and beat TCU.... So are we closer to turning it around or falling further in the hole with Davis ??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/amp/Q-A-with-Lamar-baseball-coach-Will-Davis-13868855.php

He's already turned it around. 33 to 19 to 18 is a change of direction. Hopefully he can turn it around IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. To answer your question, no, I don't have a lot of faith that he can.

Granted I only saw one game in person (A&M) and the UT game on TV. Sorely lacking in baseball fundamentals. Baserunning errors, disregarding cutoff men, throwing to wrong bases, etc. HS teams do these things consistently.