MBB vs Champion Christian 11AM

geezer

At the first timeout my initial impression is the Cards aren't playing a team offense yet. There has been a lot of forced offense. Doesn't matter against this level of competition but I still don't like it. First substitution for LU is the 6-20 kid from Hong Kong to play the wing.

Halftime with LU up 48-11. Cards have nine or ten turnovers, good indication of the lack of team offense at the half. No one in foul trouble. Shooting better than 50% from the field. 50% from the free throw line which I hope will improve. Edited by geezer

Cards win 86-40. For the most part good hustle by Lamar all game. Game went about like one would expect. The freshmen gave good effort but made the freshman mistakes and at times looked like lesser division quality players. Turnovers and free-throw shooting were the biggest negatives. Scoring, Buster led the way with 23, followed by Atwood and Homes both in double digits. Edited by geezer

As expected, newcomers to the program were not really effective on defense as a whole. Buster, Atwood, & Holmes were definitely the most impressive. Not sure if Buster was playing the 1 guard or the 2 guard, either way he was looking to shoot first, pass second.

Champion Christian was not a good team nor a good test for the Cards. Next game against Arlington Baptist will be the same or worse.