Lamar MBB vs Duquesne

lamarfan360

Somebody will have to get the Enterprise sports guy or one of the other sports folks to ask about him. Seemed like something was mentioned on the first games broadcast but I didn't hear all of it. He was on the sidelines but not suited up during the two home games.

Lamar is taking too many quick shots, forcing the issue. Lamar just doesn't have a flowing offense. Sullivan provides good defense and a rebounding presence but is not a scorer. Over the course of the first three games he has missed several close baskets and tip in opportunities.

Cards fall by ten points. Duquesne won the game with their experience inside and Lamar's poor shot selection and late turnovers. Lamar played only six players more than twelve minutes. Neither of the young big guys were effective or played extensive minutes. Even though it was a loss, I think this was a good game for LU. It gives Price plenty of things to teach from.

Duquesne is picked in the middle of the A-10 Conference, a significantly more respected conference come tourney time than the Southland.

I was reading old posts hating on Price, I guess it was due to players leaving? Anyway, this is the most optimistic I’ve been about basketball in years. I was looking over the recruiting class and he signed a lot of legitimate Division 1 talent. If Koop is as good as advertised (especially if he can shoot as well as it looks like he can in his high school highlights) this team can be very good, especially if he can keep these guys together for a couple of years. We blew this game down the stretch with poor shot selection and boneheaded turnovers but we actually look like we have some good talent and a good mix of size.

I don’t recall seeing any write ups on this recruiting class but it looks, on paper, to be by far the best class we’ve had in well over 20 years. Really anxious to see Kopp thrown into the mix, I hope there’s nothing serious going on with him.

Duquesne is picked in the middle of the A-10 Conference, a significantly more respected conference come tourney time than the Southland.

They also beat Princeton by almost 30. No small feat unless Princeton is abnormally bad this year. Diquesne’s basketball court, what the hell, that literally looked like a high school gym.

Lamar is taking too many quick shots, forcing the issue. Lamar just doesn't have a flowing offense. Sullivan provides good defense and a rebounding presence but is not a scorer. Over the course of the first three games he has missed several close baskets and tip in opportunities.

I think Sullivan can be very effective IF he realizes his role. Big body, rebounding, defense, hustle, garbage buckets.

They also beat Princeton by almost 30. No small feat unless Princeton is abnormally bad this year. Diquesne’s basketball court, what the hell, that literally looked like a high school gym.

It was not played in Duquesne’s facility which is being refurbished. The played at a local D3 school gym.