Opinion from SETX Political Review

coachacola

To have a successful University, you must have two things. Good teachers and professors that truly educate young people, and a sense of University pride. How you get to the second is usually through sports. Either basketball or football.A while back, the University brought back football at Lamar post the death sentence. It was self-imposed. There was a huge hoopla. Two big law firms injected millions of dollars into the LU system of sports. The crowds came out – and there were a couple of good years. But now, it is hard to recruit to a school that site in the middle of the hood.

This past week, displeasure with the LU system began to boil over. Here is an example of what is being said :

“Last night I attended the last football game of the season for Lamar. I have been a ticket season holder since football has came back to the university. I have even renewed my tickets for next season.

Last night McNeese Cowboys came out early, stood for the National anthem. Where were my Cardinals? Where they have been all season…in the locker room. This makes me sad and disappointed in the coaches and team. They did NOT have a winning season. They can’t come out and stand for the flag. The attendance was so low (IMO). Yet they want the community to support them.

My question to Lamar Football….why should I or the community support you? You need to change your outlook about your program…start your evaluation on what you can do differently to make a difference on and off the field.”

Ouch right?

We say this – on Monday morning. Lamar once again is declining from where they should be. Yes, they are landlocked around the “hood” and there are problems. However, community support and they want to support is there. It is the mindset.

https://www.setpoliticalreview.com/top-story/

Agree of disagree?

Yes and no, the old fairgrounds, was landlocked by the "hood" but lamar isn't and I can't see where someone can say that it is. Five seconds of looking, at a Google satellite view of the campus, shows no similarity between the "hood" landlocked fairgrounds and LU's campus. Second, LU, the university side, is not declining facility wise or growth wise. New construction has been going on for years and the LIT side of campus is blossoming as well.

If you want to say that the football side is declining, then we can talk, but that situation just needs one good HC hiring. Klein needs to take his BS somewhere else.

Yes and no, the old fairgrounds, was landlocked by the "hood" but lamar isn't and I can't see where someone can say that it is. Five seconds of looking, at a Google satellite view of the campus, shows no similarity between the "hood" landlocked fairgrounds and LU's campus. Second, LU, the university side, is not declining facility wise or growth wise. New construction has been going on for years and the LIT side of campus is blossoming as well.

If you want to say that the football side is declining, then we can talk, but that situation just needs one good HC hiring. Klein needs to take his BS somewhere else.

Klein is a damn idiot that makes at least part of his living by incessantly bashing southeast Texas. The sooner he leaves the better. FYI, most older universities are located in the proverbial “hood”.