MBB vs Rice

geezer

Lamar leads 35 - 23 at the half. Cards got off to a slow start not scoring at all until the 15:27 mark of the first half. LU took the lead at the 13:43 mark hand slowly built the lead over the rest of the half including a last second three pointer from Atwood. Atwood is the leading scorer in the game with 14, followed by Jefferson. No one with more than two fouls on either team. Lamar with just two turnovers compare to nine for Rice. Only real negative for LU is free throw shooting at 50%. Edited by geezer

Final score LU 73 - Rice 60 Overall Rice played better in the second half finishing the game with the rebounding edge and bringing the turnovers back to close to even as LU commits thirteen second half turnovers. Good news is LU got the right people to the free throw line. Muoka had seven blocks for the game. Edited by geezer

Three solid Division 1 wins before conference starts.Three freshman have shown promise in the important minutes they have played.Our JUCO point guard recruit has been solid on both ends of the floor.Our defense has traveled well and overall been impressive.Possibly our best freshman recruit still is out with a nagging foot injury.Other than the Lumberjacks our performance before conference stands out the most .Go Cards!

I don't think anything has been reported and at this point and with the progress this team has made, I would see no rush to try to get him playing. Make sure he is fully healed and if he is still out when you get to the half way point of the season then red shirt him this year would be my thought.

I don't think anything has been reported and at this point and with the progress this team has made, I would see no rush to try to get him playing. Make sure he is fully healed and if he is still out when you get to the half way point of the season then red shirt him this year would be my thought.

According to Price yesterday, he is scheduled for an MRI Monday to evaluate his healing progress.