MBB Hosts SUNO Tonight

Skinny1

That's a bummer for SUNO but I'll be glad when Lamar quits playing these non DI schools.

Lamar should beat them by forty. Hopefully, we'll see the first of Kopp tonight.

Agee with both comments. Saw Kopp during warm up of Rice game last Saturday and he just stood there and buried 5-6 deep 3 pointers.

Does anyone know any details of Kopp's injury? Was he injurred in practice or before arriving on campus? What is the current projection of when he can return? Is there consideration to red shirt him for this season?

What I understand his injury is a deep bone bruise in his thigh. They are not taking any chances in rushing back, even though he wants to play. I think the redshirt question will depend on how many conference games he may miss.

A little insight on Anderson Kopp.

Spoke with his Grandpa at the Mount Saint Mary's game. He told me Anderson is dealing with a thigh injury and his words " I may sound a little biast but that kid is tough as hell and he just can't get out there right now." He said the coaches are making sure he is ready. Also said he has a brother at Northwestern playing basketball and another brother playing football at Vanderbilt. I for one am ready to see him on the court look at how we are performing... Freshman alone and our highest rated recruit hasn't seen the floor yet.

Does Lamar have some guys out sick or discipline issues. I notice Buster doesn't have any minutes yet tonight.

Buster and Jefferson are suited out but have not played. Don’t know the reason, but this tall line up is having trouble getting back on defense and this giving up a lot of easy lay-ups.

Offense has no real point guard out there. Looks like Atwood is playing the point, but half court offense seems to fall apart and looks like a cross of hully-gully and playground.

That’s been my biggest issue with Price over his tenure here. It’s literally like we no half court plays/offense. Maybe set a screen, maybe pass around a couple of times but seems to be just playground ball

LU winds up with a 17 point win. Jefferson and Buster are important pieces at this point. Sullivan had another good game with 16 rebounds and 24 points, but it was against a significant weeker defense than we can expect in the SLC. He still has too many times that he is unable to power through the defender and finish the play. He shot 73% from the free throw line making 8-11.