Lamar takes on NWST in Basketball today

Skinny1

I think it depends on when Price's contract is up. I don't see a problem from a public relations stand point of making a change, but can the department afford another buy out? If your fed up with mediocrity then find somebody better. Let's face it LU is mediocre in the three major men's sports, maybe it is time to start over.

I was under the impression that this is Tic’s last year on his contract, so his job is riding on this teams performance. The loss to NWSt is probably nail #1 in the coffin. I believe if he doesn’t make the conference tournament in a weak SLC, he is history at Lamar.

I looked it up and Price's contract is up in 2020 so this is probably his last year. I'm guessing he'll voluntarily step aside after the season.

What if he wins the conference? Everyone is so quick to jump on & off the bandwagon. It’s a young team who barely lost their 1st conf road game of the season. Give them time.

This years team appears to be better suited to play at a higher level than most of the previous Price coached teams, from a size and on paper talent stand point than maybe any of his previous teams. It is believed that the SLC is even further down on the rankings this year than in previous years, so the question is does Price have what will get LU to the next level? He has been at LU long enough that he needs to put up a championship and dropping a game to what looks like on paper one of the worst teams in the conference, didn't build any confidence in most of the fan base. I am not taking anything away from Kopp, but through the two conference games he hasn't shown he deserves the playing time he got compared to what Sohail and Nickerson have shown in some of the non-conference games. Yet neither of them played at all. For six years there has been no half court offense that creates open shots, just pass the ball around the perimeter until a guard has to throw up a shot to beat the clock. I do believe in a certain amount of free form offense, but that may take more experienced players. Pressure man to man defense requires a tremendous amount of energy and more substitutions would help with that. Sohail brings energy if nothing else. Lamar owes a great deal to Price for reviving the program. After six years can he take it further? I hope so, but last Saturday opens a bunch of questions. My expectations were for LU to win the first two games for sure and be 4-2 or five and one going into the Sam game. Now I won't be surprised for Lamar to be three and three or maybe even two and four. When was the last time LU won in New Orleans and ACU is a much improved club.

Price took over a program that had not only gone 5-50 under a Knight but was put on academic probation,ineligible for postseason play and the conference crown.He had to recruit and monitor his players to get the APR substantially higher for the 4 year average or possibly face a second year of postseason ineligibility while losing a scholarship.That being said for any that might have forgotten,we need to compete and show significant progress this year.I do think this is one of Tic’s better recruiting classes and with three early signings there seems to be a good nucleus for the future.I truly hope Buster”s knee improves and all stay eligible and relatively healthy.This team before conference play built the second best conference resume and had impressive home wins but has slipped a bit in conference play due in part to both point guard injuries.If Tic can finish in the top 4 ,attendance improves and his recruits impress there may be a chance he is back and better.

Price took over a program that had not only gone 5-50 under a Knight but was put on academic probation,ineligible for postseason play and the conference crown.He had to recruit and monitor his players to get the APR substantially higher for the 4 year average or possibly face a second year of postseason ineligibility while losing a scholarship.That being said for any that might have forgotten,we need to compete and show significant progress this year.I do think this is one of Tic’s better recruiting classes and with three early signings there seems to be a good nucleus for the future.I truly hope Buster”s knee improves and all stay eligible and relatively healthy.This team before conference play built the second best conference resume and had impressive home wins but has slipped a bit in conference play due in part to both point guard injuries.If Tic can finish in the top 4 ,attendance improves and his recruits impress there may be a chance he is back and better.

Agreed.