Basketball Home Double Header versus SFA

geezer

I have not been a fan of Saturday afternoon double headers due to historical low attendance at these games. But based on the attendance this year I feel it will make no difference unless SFA has a large contingent. Attendance at MBB games seems to be back to the level of Jack Martin’s final years as coach in the McDonald Gym, except now there are less students attending.

End of the first half finds LU up by one, 32-31. Game following a similar pattern to the ladies game in that the Cards moved out to a lead and through poor offensive possesions have slowly allowed SFA to close the gap and trading the lead over the last couple of minutes. Lamar has fourteen turnovers. Edited by geezer

Lamar doesn't have a point guard. As good of scorer that Buster is at times, his ball handling and defense are a liability. Jefferson and Holmes commit too many turnovers also. Buster and Holmes had 15 of the 25 turnovers. You can't have that out of the point guards. Jefferson added two in ten minutes of play. SFA won the battle of the boards by seven. Sullivan only had three rebounds.

Lamar played well the first 10 minutes of the game, and held Harris, SFA’s best player to 5 points in the first half. But, with that, Cards could not really pull away. My point of view is SFA is a much better team and physically manhandled Lamar’s smaller/ lighter players. Muoka did play tough and showed promise for the future.