February 8th, Basketball versus Abilene Christian

geezer

Cardinal basketball teams will take on ACU for the 2nd time this season. The ladies will be at home with a 2:00 PM start, having dropped their earlier game by six in Abilene. The men are on the road for the return match at 7:00 PM. It will be another tough game for the men after dropping the home game. At this point in the season every game for both LU squads is a must win to make the tourney. The men may be in a little better shape as they are currently tied for sixth place. The men have a .500 win percentage against the remaining schedule. If the men repeated the .500 record in the remaining games, I'm doubtful that will be enough to make the tourney. The ladies are in ninth place.

I think that by the time you get to the 2nd quarter, the emotion of the start is gone. Players are beginning to tire just a little and when you rely on the three point shot as soon as the legs start to tire the shooting percentage falls.

When Atwood is playing the four spot and he is a better ball hanler than any of your guards you know it's bad. Atwood picked up his third foul with 1:17 left in the half.

And we need ACU’s weightlifting coach. Most of our guys look anorexic compared to theirs. Pathetic

This was a game to just forget. Maybe I'm biased somehow, but watching the game I can't see why Price hasn't given Nickerson more opportunities. Nickerson scored two points, had four rebounds, no turnovers and no fouls in ten minutes. That's not necessarily great but it's as good as several others that have gotten more playing time. Kopp by the way was scoreless and 0-10 from the field on the night in 24 minutes.