Count up to $125 million

BRI Staff

Guest CardAmbassador

Great to see the gifts still pouring in so long after the school kicked off this drive. Now that I'm working I'll be able to give a little back eventually.

What city are you working in and who are you working for if you want to say?

I'm in Madison, Wisconsin. I work for a company called Epic doing software development. We're a pretty big company and lead our industry but only people who work in Hospitals have usually heard of us.

Leland Best Innovation Fund in Education Established

from lamar.edu

Lifelong Beaumont public school educator Leland Best will be remembered in perpetuity thanks to the creation of the Leland Best Innovation Fund in Education in Lamar University's College of Education and Human Development. The endowment was established with a $1 million commitment from the Nancy and Randy Best Foundation in memory of Randy's mother, Leland Best, who served in Beaumont schools for more than 50 years.

http://www.lamar.edu/news-and-events/news/2013/08/innovation-fund-in-education-honors-lifelong-educator-.html

Does anyone know the official count now. I think the website still says 117MM

I was reading some of the committee meeting notes they have posted on the Lamar website a few months ago and it was mentioned they are close to $130 million. If true then the capital campaign has been a tremendous success.

Guest CardAmbassador
One thing to note about this capital campaign is that Lamar has lost alot of state funding in recent years due to cuts. So while it's nice that we've been so successful, this money isn't so much in addition to public funding but in stead of public funding that we have lost. A capital investment in buildings would help alleviate some of the burden that the school faces financially.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ron and Mary Robins Award Established

A new endowment has been established at the Lamar University Foundation for the College of Engineering. The Ron and Mary Robins Award for Academic Excellence in Chemical Engineering will be awarded annually to the senior-level chemical engineering student who has maintained the highest overall grade point average.

http://www.lamar.edu/news-and-events/news/2013/10/ron-and-mary-robins-award-established-.html

Good question.

The $117 Million has been on the website since July so the actual may be higher. I hope so. There have been a lot of news releases of endowments since then.

(Just looked up when the $117 Million amount first appeared on the website. July 3 is when I first noticed it.)

I'd like to see a new campaign shortly after the current one ends, even if the goal is less ambitious. It's nice to have a goal to work toward regardless of the target.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ann Locke Cobb and Charles David Locke Presidential Scholarship in Business

The Lamar University Foundation has announced an endowed scholarship has been established for the College of Business. The Ann Locke Cobb and Charles David Locke Presidential Scholarship in Business, funded by the Helen Caldwell Locke & Curtis Blakey Locke Charitable Trust, will provide funding for outstanding students to further their studies at Lamar.

http://www.lamar.edu/news-and-events/news/2013/10/presidential-scholarship-in-business-established-at-lamar-university-.html

Meredith Kathryn Berryhill Fitzgerald Scholarship in Education Established

from lamar.edu

A new endowed scholarship has been established in the Lamar University Foundation. The Meredith Kathryn Berryhill Fitzgerald Scholarship will provide funding for full-time sophomore, junior and senior students majoring in Education...

http://www.lamar.edu/news-and-events/news/2013/11/meredith-kathryn-berryhill-fitzgerald-scholarship-established-.html

• 2 weeks later...

Carolyn J. Keating Scholarship in English established

from lamar.edu

The Lamar University Foundation has announced a new endowed scholarship has been established. The Carolyn J. Keating Scholarship will provide funding for full-time junior, senior and graduate students majoring in English.

http://www.lamar.edu/news-and-events/news/2013/11/carolyn-j.-keating-scholarship-established-.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...