LU Football

PeckEm

Lamar offense looks much better than last week. So far this as an entertaining game. From my point of view Lamar defense is struggling. As mentioned earlier the D-line hasn't taken control of the line of scrimmage. Pass coverage is adequate but not good enough yet. Lamar is having to blitz to get pressure on the UIW quarterback. Without pressure he is capable of picking the pass defense apart.

Well, went better than I expected.

my takeaways-

-LU is scrappy. Young and little

-we coulda woulda shoulda had 2 more tds, ( but then, uiw woulda had 2 more cuz we couldnt stop em)

-ward is very good rb

UIW, very good offense, no defense

our kicker is damn good

we got some kids on d that will light you up, the problem is being anywhere near the ball carrier.

now, the offense (which I hate )..twice on their 30. (3rd and 10, 3rd and 7)..we run a f-ing option.Settle for field goals. .very Schultz like.

my takeaways-

-we coulda woulda shoulda had 2 more tds, ( but then, uiw woulda had 2 more cuz we couldnt stop em)

-ward is very good rb

our kicker is damn good

we got some kids on d that will light you up, the problem is being anywhere near the ball carrier.

now, the offense (which I hate )..twice on their 30. (3rd and 10, 3rd and 7)..we run a f-ing option.Settle for field goals. .very Schultz like.

Well I pretty much agree. We played almost a penalty free game and had mostly underclassmen on the field for most of the game. Was a bit disappointed in our apparent lack of team speed especially at the receiver position. UIW did not respect our passing game and played us man-to-man most of the game, which makes Chaz Wards performance even more impressive. That said it is easier for offensive linemen to run block versus pass blocking.

Just hoping to see more improvement from week 2 to week 3.

my takeaways-

-ward is very good rb

our kicker is damn good

54 rushing plays and 21 passing? They better hand out free Red Bull