Alvin Brooks named new Lamar MBB coach

SportsGuy

A press conference will come after the NCAA tournament... thoughts?

Since it will be via Zoom anyway, I say to do it now. It's official, so there's no reason to wait.

I'm sure Pezman and Sampson won't have an issue with him taking 90 minutes tomorrow to have a press conference while Gonzaga or UCLA is on the court so that Nantz, Raftery, Hill, and Wolfson feel more comfortable talking about it.

We know Jimmy Nantz will have a field day with the "reverse Pat Foster" references.

I have not watched UH all year but I sure hope they run a better half court offense than almost every team Ive seen play. Looks like they all do the same thing which is boring NBA style. Maybe a pick and roll and then the rest is just isolation/one on one. Gonzaga would run some actual plays but they are the only one from what I have seen

Thanks for posting coachacola.

Ok. Being a person who is loyal to almost a fault, I'm 100% on board. Some of my greatest memories as a college basketball fan were because of Tubbs and Foster and just as importantly, the awesome players they recruited. Brooks was awesome and I'm excited he is getting the opportunity. That video is great.

I guess Im just too old. You enter the portal, I give you the finger

There has to be better players than those 2 in the portal. Coach Brooks needs to get in the portal and get better players to replace them. I have a feeling Harrison is going to come back, but he has to learn to be a point guard to get playing time.

Due to COVID, can Avery Sullivan have 1 more year of eligibility if he wants it?

Ok. Being a person who is loyal to almost a fault, I'm 100% on board. Some of my greatest memories as a college basketball fan were because of Tubbs and Foster and just as importantly, the awesome players they recruited. Brooks was awesome and I'm excited he is getting the opportunity. That video is great.

and THIS is why he was hired. Attendance sucks. The money remembers the glory days.

Hope he does a kickass job

Huh? LOL

1. You think someone LU brings in has a shot to take his playing time?

I just hope Kasen Harrison comes back. He is a great player. Unlike some of the forum, I understand how a young man can be upset about a coaching change and want to test the waters so to speak.

I just hope Kasen Harrison comes back. He is a great player. Unlike some of the forum, I understand how a young man can be upset about a coaching change and want to test the waters so to speak.

Cant blame him for looking at the option he has afforded to him. If he feels like he can grow as a player & person somewhere else then by all means, go for it.

Dont want anyone playing for Lamar who doesnt want to be here.

Edited by SportsGuy

I guess the players are not that excited about Brooks, but from lurking on the WAC forum it seems like every school is losing half their roster.

Who cares about the frigging players that are quitters ?! Let em leave. We were 6-10 in conference and,what, won 10 damn games?? Good lord. We were 12th out of 13 teams in almost every offensive category while playing in one of the worst conferences in the country. We were bottom half in almost every defensive category. A clean slate sounds ideal to me. Players dont run the damn program. They dont want a free education? They dont want to honor their commitment? Fine. Let the snowflakes go. Hopefully Brooks will find better players anyway.

Edited by PeckEm