Lamar MBB versus A&M-Corpus Christi

lamarfan360

Not sure what the injury is or was but Roberts was reported as out with an injury during the Texas St game. Buster has shot terribly the last two games. Looking at the bench it does not appear that Buster is suited up today. Edited by geezer

There isn't much to be happy about with Lamar so far in this basketball season. Obviously shooting is less than desired. None of the post players have demonstrated much in the way of offense, even though Catt did end with 11 points today. Harrison had four turnovers and at least two of his passes into the post were not where the post man could handle it. Sorry when you're passing the ball to someone over 6-6 the ball needs to reach them at least above their knees. Announcers stated Lamar had five players unavailable for today's game. Jefferson, Buster, Roberts, Hall (who hasn't played at all yet) and Ledet I think. I am sure Coach Brooks is as frustrated as we fans are.

There isn't much to be happy about with Lamar so far in this basketball season. Obviously shooting is less than desired. None of the post players have demonstrated much in the way of offense, even though Catt did end with 11 points today. Harrison had four turnovers and at least two of his passes into the post were not where the post man could handle it. Sorry when you're passing the ball to someone over 6-6 the ball needs to reach them at least above their knees. Announcers stated Lamar had five players unavailable for today's game. Jefferson, Buster, Roberts, Hall (who hasn't played at all yet) and Ledet I think. I am sure Coach Brooks is as frustrated as we fans are.

I did not realize Lamar was missing so many players. The Cardinals almost beat a team that is now 10-2 short handed.

Looking back through the stats, the last time Lamar played with all of the following four, Harrison, Adams, Jefferson and Roberts, was the Southern Miss game on November 21st, seven games back. Can't say Lamar would have won any of these last seven games, but that many players missing for that long has to impact preparation and performance.

Holy crap. Two more times feeding in to Catt! Dont they know he is supposed to be running around 25 feet from the basket setting fake screens?!?

Update, a few bad trips, then go back to feeding Catt twice he scores once and gets fouled the second time. Oh crap, went to him again and he fumbled away a good bounce pass.

Edited by PeckEm

Ok. I will admit we dont look nearly as awful second half. Maybe dimwit Brooks has realized that we need to involve post players more. (Having them high screen and then roll downhill is not the way I mean). Unfortunately our, let them shoot wide open threes, did not work as well in second half. Also, during key stretch Cheech and Chong (Adams and Harrison) started turning it over again. Edited by PeckEm