Lamar MBB recruiting highly regarded Wing

lamarfan360

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I know size isn't everything, but I like the size of these two. Even at that I won't get too excited until they can get on the court and prove something. Even highly ranked JUCO players are a crap shoot. They still have to assimilate to the speed of the D-1 game and unless they're really special, they are probably only really a help for maybe one and a half years.

Found some stats for Yaxel Lendeborg, a 6-8 F Lamar has offered. https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2021-22/div1/players/yaxellendeborgvp36

The stats look pretty good and at 6-8 I assume shooting the trey isn't his primary roll, but that percentage is better than anybody I remember at Lamar. Granted it is still a rather low sample but still impressive.

The stats look pretty good and at 6-8 I assume shooting the trey isn't his primary roll, but that percentage is better than anybody I remember at Lamar. Granted it is still a rather low sample but still impressive.

Aren't these all just offers? So, essentially meaningless? Interesting I suppose, but meaningless.

Aren't these all just offers? So, essentially meaningless? Interesting I suppose, but meaningless.

Yes, you have to get a NLI before it counts, but it shows the type of player Brooks is interested in and if you don't offer you don't have a chance to get.