MARCO BORN OUT ?

lu cards

• 4 weeks later...
Tidwell would be fine. Langston??? I think he'd be fine? Cavness? That seems like a very odd fit as for as job experience. Isn't he a Superintendent somewhere?

Cavness is either just retired or about to retire from being superintendent at Texas City.

Having read his comments about various matters, he'd kill the Athletic Department. He's a "shut up and dribble" kind of guy. That wouldn't play well with HS kids who need to feel like the coach is an extra parent and the AD is "your rich uncle" (since the AD is the one always showing up with new facilities, equipment, and paying for travel).

I'd look at the big colleges in Texas and see if there's an Assistant AD that is looking to launch their career and prove they can fundraise and run a department.

I'm not saying "it can't be worse" (because it always can) but Born didn't even seem to have a stable of interns that were doing the real work. We know that Lamar isn't on the level of UT, A&M, UH so an AD isn't going to have a staff of dozens of people on the payroll.

But big stuff doesn't need to slip through the cracks. Sell ads. Get a decent check for the big coaches to do a radio show (maybe even have it on local TV and get a check for that).

• 2 weeks later...
Here are a couple of possibilities, one he did have something outside of Lamar that made him take time away and although he hasn't resigned yet is further distancing himself from the job for whatever reason. Another is there was some kind of investigation that initially he was placed on leave but for appearance's sake everyone involved agreed to keep it quiet, and the investigation is complete so an official announcement will be coming soon.

Here are a couple of possibilities, one he did have something outside of Lamar that made him take time away and although he hasn't resigned yet is further distancing himself from the job for whatever reason. Another is there was some kind of investigation that initially he was placed on leave but for appearance's sake everyone involved agreed to keep it quiet, and the investigation is complete so an official announcement will be coming soon.

Well I am glad it is over for whatever reason. Lamar Athletic Department needs leadership, especially since many employees are new.

Problem is all coaches got another year to keep their jobs, no matter how bad they did.