2013 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Recruits

BRI Staff

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigRedInsider.com@bigredinsider 6'7 forward TJ Taylor from Cerritos was on an official visit to LU yesterday. Could hear some news a early as today #bigredinsider

Is this guy's name Terence Traylor on the roster?

Must be because doing a Google search on TJ Taylor brings up a 6-3 PG that went to Paris JC and now appears to be going to UNT. The bio for Terence Traylor says he's 6-7 and his nickname is TJ.

Link: http://cerritosfalcons.com/sports/mbkb/2012-13/bios/traylor_terence_rksg

• 1 month later...
Guest Cardinalrule

Check out Marcus Owens' stats; He's having a good year on a really good team.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/0rcndIABo06MaHlsjnzrLw/basketball-winter-12-13/stats-marcus--owens.htm

8) 8)

Nice find Ev!!!!

He could be legit. 6'4", 205 lbs and reigning threes! But, he needs a haircut.

Whats wrong with his hair?

Nothing if he was a she.

One thing that I really noticed last night was that the LU team was inferior to SHSU in all aspects. We don't have the bulky guards, we don't have quick athletic forwards and we don't have a aggressive post players.

DJ Muepo is the only one that fits this description.

• 1 month later...
Has anybody seen or heard any recruiting scoop. It looks like the guard from Cerritos JCJ is havin a good year, but the power forward Taylor has only started 3 games and gotten limited minutes. His juco stats translate into an early recruiting bust unless there is some explanation for his terrible season. The Florida high schooler looks promising, but we can't expect too much from him as a freshman. I hope coach knight and the assistant are working their tails off to improve the talent for next year. This season has been a total disaster!!

One thing that I really noticed last night was that the LU team was inferior to SHSU in all aspects. We don't have the bulky guards, we don't have quick athletic forwards and we don't have a aggressive post players.

DJ Muepo is the only one that fits this description.

And he may not be back next year. :o

Don't know what the reason for the suspension is but I agree with Lazeek that he is the only player that came in this year that physically meets the type player we are going to need to improve beyond last years teams performance. Forget this year. If he is not back next year then we have to find players with his physical atrributes that have the team first attitude and leadership that was missing both last year and this year.