MBB at Seattle U

geezer

3:00 PM Central Time tipoff. Don't expect much from Lamar in this game. Seattle has good outside shooters with just enough inside presence to mean Lamar won't be able to help inside and still tightly defend the three-point line. Not knowing anything about the actual travel arrangements for Lamar, I would only suspect the eight that dressed Thursday to be available.

Agree. As bad as this year appears to be, the fact that this is about the worst point differential Lamar has had in conference play may either bode well for the future or the rest of the conference isn't as good as some think. Seattle is tied record wise with NMSU for the conference lead. NMSU has the tie breaker at this point.

No argument from me that Lamar either doesn't have good enough players as a whole. Roberts I assume, left NMSU because he could see the handwriting on the wall that with the talent level NMSU has he wasn't going to get the playing time he felt he deserved. When recruiting starts late the good big men are all gone and Catt, Reyes and Carpenter are all projects. I agree that Brooks has failed to move this team out of the hold the ball until the only option is a forced dribble drive with a wild shot hoping for a foul. This year is toast for multiple reasons, some self-induced and some because of events beyond the coaches or player's control. Recruiting and developing better talented players is a must and we won't know much until next December at this point. Every freshman on this year's team looked to have good stats at the high school level, but those stats didn't transfer to the D1 level. Ledet is one player that looks like he could develop into a pretty good player. The new players that were hindered by injuries may make a difference also. Adams has shown promise at times, but his injuries have limited his effectiveness.