Mid-week Baseball at Nichols

geezer

After four innings the game is tied at two. Lamar led two to nothing after three, but more self-inflicted wounds allow Nicholls to tie the game. Lamar changed pitchers, got two outs then a single a walk an error and a wild pitch before getting the last out of the inning.

Cards give up three runs in the bottom of the fifth on a single, two errors a pitching change and a home run. Nicholls is still on their starting pitcher through six innings and after a tough first inning he has settled in. Edited by geezer

My hope is he is trying to develop some additional pitchers without them throwing too many pitches and not be available for weekend somehow. I don't know if there are any kind of NCAA rules on innings or pitch count over the course of the week or if maybe it is something internal. I guess I am one who probably wouldn't pull the starter unless I saw him struggling at least not until he had the opportunity for the win, which I believe still takes five innings.