New AD?

SportsGuy

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like a good hire. Marshall athletics has done very well under his leadership as interim AD this past year. Many Marshall fans were disappointed that he did not get the AD job.

I hope he can elevate the programs from the bad place it is in currently. He has his work cut out for him, but I think he is up to the job.

This looks like a good hire. Marshall athletics has done very well under his leadership as interim AD this past year. Many Marshall fans were disappointed that he did not get the AD job.

I hope he can elevate the programs from the bad place it is in currently. He has his work cut out for him, but I think he is up to the job.

The fact President Taylor knows what he's getting in him makes me the most confident in the hire. Doesn't hurt that his interview for the Chronicle included statements like:

- "You can tell by my track record that I don't bounce around a whole lot. The plan is not to make this a quick hit."

- related to the return to the Southland, "I think it would have been a rough road for Lamar to continue in the WAC and to travel those distances." (referencing that Marshall dealt with the same thing; let's be honest, from Lamar, the longest trip in the Southland is about what it is to drive to Houston and get on the plane to a WAC school)

- mentioning that he's going hard at community engagement, fundraising, gameday experience, and getting involved in NIL. Beaumont's not the biggest media market, but car dealerships and restaurants can make a world of difference in getting the attention of recruits.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. O is officially on the job, so do you think there will be any new information on the Lamar Cardinals web site? I know summer is a fairly dead athletic department time period, but the last thing posted on the site was the official announcement of his hiring. Does anyone think there will be any impact to the conference or Lamar from the PAC 12 news?