LU Basketball Road to the Bottom

coachacola

There is a reasonable chance, but the optimist in me says Lamar has as good of a chance to finish the year near a 300 rank as it does to get to the very bottom. Including Lamar, five of the SLC schools are ranked in the 300s. The highest SLC school is 197. What happens in conference depends on whether the freshman have learned enough in the non=conference and can apply it or if they have lost confidence as a result of whooping's Lamar has taken.

There is a reasonable chance, but the optimist in me says Lamar has as good of a chance to finish the year near a 300 rank as it does to get to the very bottom. Including Lamar, five of the SLC schools are ranked in the 300s. The highest SLC school is 197. What happens in conference depends on whether the freshman have learned enough in the non=conference and can apply it or if they have lost confidence as a result of whooping's Lamar has taken.

I'll be optimistic and say we end at 345.

• 2 weeks later...
LU back at 360 out of 363 teams. LU battling it out with 2 other very crappy SLC teams, # 358 Houston Christian and #353 New Orleans. May the SLC can win the triple crown and have 3 worst teams in all of college basketball.

With three teams ranked this low, even if Lamar starts winning, their ranking won't improve much.

With three teams ranked this low, even if Lamar starts winning, their ranking won't improve much.

I'm sorry, I refuse to believe there is any team worse than us. How could anyone be ranked below the total garbage we put on the floor? I mean we are impressively awful. i've seen 5th graders who can shoot better than almost everyone on our team.

It's really impressive how this team not only loses to crappy teams, but gets blown out by them. Was the previous AD deliberately trying to kill LU athletics? At least Pat Knight took LU to the playoffs before tanking the program. Brooks wasted no time crashing the program out of the gate. Just fire him now. Seemed like Tic Price was able to put a mediocre team on the floor every season without much effort. How can someone who's been coaching for decades be so bad at it? Probably why Brooks was never offered another head coaching job, that is until the dummies running LU athletics came along.

Interestingly enough, I was thinking the other day about successful coaches and what do we use to judge them as successful. Naturally, we think of win/loss record but even then, does four hundred wins or six hundred mean you are or were successful? It takes thirty years of twenty-win seasons to get to six hundred so why would you think hiring a fifty- to sixty-year-old coach that doesn't have a clear track record of success be a good idea. Lamar needs to be looking at thirty-year-old coaches knowing that if they are successful, they will probably move on and if not keep the contract short enough that it is not painful to move on.