MBB versus McNeese, Start of Conference 4PM

geezer

Lamar opens SLC play at home against McNeese. I guess the number one question is, is this the start of the climb from the bottom or a continuation toward the worst of the worst. Cards lost at McNeese by nine points in a mid-November non-conference game. Lamar was coming off of seven-point overtime game the day before and overall, Lamar has played dismally since. Second question is, are Lamar's injured players healed up and ready to go?

Lamar falls by nineteen, 81-62. Worst part of the game is Hamilton left the game with an injury early in the second half. The last few games he was beginning to show he could become a good inside player. I think I am most disappointed in what appears to be a lack of effort on defense. Maybe it is not understanding what they are supposed to do, but they seem out of position and slow to react. Edited by geezer

So far second year in a row, with injuries making things worse. That is not an excuse for what also appears to be poor coaching but is there something else going on in the strength and conditioning department that is leading to injuries. I wonder if Brooks would consider recruiting a coach, it's not that uncommon in football for a head coach to hire a good coordinator for an aspect of the game that is not considered their coaching strength. From my observation Brooks isn't a strong offensive coach. Lamar isn't scoring consistently, and half-court offense seems stagnant. Roccafortes' best season was the one with Skelton (a JUCO HC with national tournament experience) on the staff,

So far second year in a row, with injuries making things worse. That is not an excuse for what also appears to be poor coaching but is there something else going on in the strength and conditioning department that is leading to injuries. I wonder if Brooks would consider recruiting a coach, it's not that uncommon in football for a head coach to hire a good coordinator for an aspect of the game that is not considered their coaching strength. From my observation Brooks isn't a strong offensive coach. Lamar isn't scoring consistently, and half-court offense seems stagnant. Roccafortes' best season was the one with Skelton (a JUCO HC with national tournament experience) on the staff,

Well, we are very poor defensively as well. So he cannot coach offense and he cannot coach defense so what does that tell you?