2023 Preseason Football Talk

coachacola

Speaking of receivers. A Look at the 2023 LU Receivers - Lamar University Athletics (lamarcardinals.com) Does Lamar have a line and a quarterback to get these guys the ball? Sorry, I don't think 1900 receiving yards is enough.

id be surprised if we get much more than that. Rossamundo wants to run and run out the clock.

line we got

qb???

The reason I questioned both the line and quarterback is that it seemed like most of the time the quarterback was running for his life from the pass rush. Was that because of the blocking scheme, the quarterback's ability to read the defense, the lines real ability to block, the quarterback's ability to throw the ball accurately, or something else? It is just hard to tell. It's hard to run effectively if you can't block and if you don't complete passes it gets even harder to pass block.

I don't know if it is realism or pessimism, but until this squad lines up against another school any talk of shining is pure hype to me. Offense and defense both are playing against a bunch of guys on the other side of the ball that couldn't perform well on a consistent basis last year.

One possible positive is that Coleman wasn't on the team last year and Longino got limited action but had a better completion percentage than the starters did. Maybe this means Lamar has a better QB going into this season.

top 3 were all 3 star qbs coming outta high school. Somebody needs to live up to that, cuz nobody has done it yet.