Football at Nicholls, November 11th

geezer

Critical error by Coleman on a fourth downplay to turn the ball back to Nicholls. Lamar was most likely going to turn the ball over no matter what, but Coleman has to throw the ball, definitely not take a sack. That said, the execution on the previous couple of plays didn't help.

Lamar can still have a winning season with a win over McNeese next week. Still an outside chance of a playoff berth with a win next week even though highly unlikely. The practices with an extra game or two would potentially help for next year. Offense and defense line should be a key recruiting effort in my opinion. I know the last few offers seem to indicate the coaches know this also.

I agree it is very doubtful, but I was thinking Lamar's record when they last went was 6-5. Just went back and looked it up and they were 7-4 in the regular season. The Southland as a whole might have been perceived as stronger than it is now. Edited by geezer