Impressive Night For LU MBB Commit

lamarfan360

I agree those are some impressive early season stats, but since I'm lazy tell me what classification is his high school and has his team played anyone yet where he has an equivalent guard to play against? If you put him against a 6-3 guard with similar abilities, how will he perform? Believe me, I'm not trying to knock what he has done, just that I have seen several guards with good high school stats that fall apart when they start playing D-1 ball and the player across the floor from them have similar talent.

I agree those are some impressive early season stats, but since I'm lazy tell me what classification is his high school and has his team played anyone yet where he has an equivalent guard to play against? If you put him against a 6-3 guard with similar abilities, how will he perform? Believe me, I'm not trying to knock what he has done, just that I have seen several guards with good high school stats that fall apart when they start playing D-1 ball and the player across the floor from them have similar talent.

Houston Madison is a 5A school and Willis is 6A. I can not answer regarding matchups he has had this year. But, 247sports has him rated 34 best prospect in Texas. Only problem is they have him listed at 6-1. He is a legitimate 6-4 that in my opinion effects his ranking. He is probably in the top 20 and top 5 in the Houston area among guards.

Houston Madison is a 5A school and Willis is 6A. I can not answer regarding matchups he has had this year. But, 247sports has him rated 34 best prospect in Texas. Only problem is they have him listed at 6-1. He is a legitimate 6-4 that in my opinion effects his ranking. He is probably in the top 20 and top 5 in the Houston area among guards.

Right. Madison is the school that produced Vince Young back in the day. Yes, we're talking about non-district games, but he's playing top competition. I would be surprised if he's not topping 25 PPG the whole season.