SLC set to reveal revised football schedule

I see Lamar has a twelve-game schedule this year, I know it is allowed at the FCS level every so often, but I don't remember how often.  Looks like a solid schedule and one Lamar can be competitive in every game.  

Looks like that is what will happen this year.  The question becomes what happens next year?  I don't remember when RGV is supposed to start playing games.  I can see nine conference games but not ten.

On 5/31/2024 at 2:16 PM, geezer said:

Looks like that is what will happen this year.  The question becomes what happens next year?  I don't remember when RGV is supposed to start playing games.  I can see nine conference games but not ten.

UTRGV is set to enter the football fray in 2025.

It seems whenever the SLC has to rearrange the schedule, McNeese gets screwed. We still will go to Northwestern State after they cancelled their season right before they were go come for our Homecoming. SLU was taken off our schedule, and that is probably what has most Cowboy fans miffed about. Then, in October, we do not have one home game, but have back-to-back away games at UIW and Nicholls! 🤨 We will welcome LU to close out the regular season. I hope we can give you a better contest than last year! 

UTRGV adding football doesn't bring me any excitement, but they announced planning to do it as part of the WAC and the WAC needed the football add for conference purposes.  The SLC doesn't, but as a member of the conference when they do start the conference will have to work them into schedule.  

44 minutes ago, NorthoftheBorder said:

6 Conference games, 2 at home and 4 away.  No consolation there.  I am thinking that Rossomando has things going in the right direction.  If we slip up on Tx State and beat them (Southwest Texas to me), then this could be a special season.  

Actually there's 7 conference games including SFA.  3 home and 4 away.