SWT game thread

lu cards

44 minutes ago, lu cards said:

34-17 swt. Lamar covers and wins me some 💰 

They will always be SWT to me. They lied to us when we were forced into the TSU system by claiming we would be a system of equals.  Only of SWT and Prison U to get special treatment every step of the way. 

Yeah, were going to lose this game but only because the state has stacked the odds against us.

On 8/28/2024 at 10:50 AM, NorthoftheBorder said:

Southwest Texas State - 48

Lamar - 24

I am probably more optimistic than most.  I am interested to hear what Puddin thinks about this game.

Mannnn, i just dunno.  Swtsu has a lot of transfer talent and i think kinne will try to run up the score.  Rossamundo will play stall ball.  Dont see us covering the spread.  

the school from which no one actually graduates-52

LU-17

Anyone actually going to the game?
Interested in going (family's making a trip but I'm staying back... could make a day trip of this).
Don't want to drive 5 hours round trip to sit by myself scrolling my phone during timeouts.

No, just hoping.  I think Lamar needs to put in the third team offense.  No point in taking a chance to get the studs hurt in a blowout loss.  Lamar has more penalty yards than offensive yards in the first quarter.

Offense performs admirably in the second quarter for a total of negative fourteen yards.  Texas St gives Lamar a break by bringing in the second team Qb for a couple of series allowing Lamar Defense to settle down a little and breaking their own offensive flow.  Halftime score 18-0.

New half, Lamar offense takes the kickoff and moves the ball 75 yards in five plays for a touchdown to narrow the gap a little.  Lamar did get the aid of a TS pass interference call, but still had some good runs including the final 18 yards.