2024 SLC Week 2 Football Results and Comments

geezer

Week 2 has the SLC playing four FBS schools and five FCS.  The marquee game this week in my opinion is UIW at South Dakota State.  The Commerce-UC Davis game should decide whether SLC is in the plus column for FCS wins this week.

So far this evening in my opinion most of the games are progressing with what could be perceived as a positive for the SLC.  UIW and SDS are in a good battle with SDS up by seven at the half.  SELA is within one score of Southern Miss.  Nicholls is down nine to LSU.  One surprise is that SFA is leading North Texas.  The one disappointment so far is that Northwestern St is trailing Prairie View A&M.  Although down by eleven, I think HCU is playing better than I expected against Tarleton.

With all but the Commerce game at UC Davis complete, I would say it is a disappointing day for the SLC.  Commerce is trailing at the half and Lamar is the sole winner for the conference on the day.  Two biggest disappointments are UIW falling by twenty-one to South Dakota St and Northwestern St falling to Prairie View A&M.  It's not really surprising that UIW lost, but the three-score deficit doesn't help the conference resume when it comes to playoff berths.  The bright side might be that none of the FBS losses were blowouts.