Season Ticket Sales

Lamarcard81

Guest CardAmbassador
I receieved a call today from someone at Lamar asking me if I wanted to renew my tickets. As I've stated because of financial reasons I'm not renewing them this year. But it is good that they're doing that type of reach out, I'm not sure if they did that last year too.

I did a quick rough count. It looks like there are around 2,250 seats remaining in the white and green sections A little over 900 of those are in the green sections ($100.00 / seat) and around 1,350 are in the white sections ($60.00 / seat). Most of the remaining white seats are on the east side of the stadium.

Don't know how close that is to an actual count. The athletic department may be holding some back from the online sales. The count does not include the Gold and Red (donation required) sections, but I imagine those are pretty popular.

I thought about moving up this year, but didn't want to wait until June 1 to change. I liked where we are so I just renewed what we had last year. We're in section W202. We did chip in some extra for the cushioned stadium seat rental though. :)

(Adjusted the numbers above to reflect an additional 250 seats remaining. I overlooked one of the green sections in the first count.) :(

so how many season tickets total does LU have to sell?

How many do they have to sell for what? I don't think the NCAA has a minimum number of season tickets a school MUST sell. I think it's more about making sure you have total seats sold... and preferably some people in those seats buying concessions to drive up total revenue. The big driver for Lamar getting season ticket sales is the guaranteed money for the school and the influx of money for the Cardinal Club to funnel to the university.

We only have so many season tickets cause we only have so many seats in the stadium. I don't think we are allowed to sell every seat as a season ticket. Some are for the away team and some are reserved for students. There is more to it than what you are hinting.

We only have so many season tickets cause we only have so many seats in the stadium. I don't think we are allowed to sell every seat as a season ticket. Some are for the away team and some are reserved for students. There is more to it than what you are hinting.

It sounded like you were asking how many season tickets LAMAR must sell, not the total number available for sell. Just looking at the seating diagram, I'm guessing they could sell about 11 to 12K season tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I have calculated so far using the online ticket website so these numbers may not be very accurate.

Green seats: 3278 tickets sold out of 4363 (that's $327,800).

White seats: 1538 tickets sold out of 2972 (that's $92,280).

There's about 2100 Gold seats ($400 a pop) and 2400 Red seats ($225 each). If they've sold 2/3 of those (and that's a wild guess) then that's over $900K right there, for a grand total of over $1.3 million.

By my estimation, that's a total of 11,835 season tickets, which leaves a little over 4K for students, the band, etc. If they sold all the season tickets then that would generate a little over $2 million.

There's also the suites, don't they go for $25K, which is another $75K per year? Anyone know if those are sold out?

Guest CardAmbassador
Those suites require a three year commitment, and they sold out the first year, so they're still sold out for this year.

Im looking forward to this season, finally a decent out og Conf schedlue. Getting off to a good start is key for attendence. Starting 0-3 will hurt, playing ULL and Hawaii good may help but it would be nice to knock one of them off

Cplatt

Im looking forward to this season, finally a decent out og Conf schedlue. Getting off to a good start is key for attendence. Starting 0-3 will hurt, playing ULL and Hawaii good may help but it would be nice to knock one of them off

Cplatt

Why 0-3? Is it unreasonable to think we can beat PVA&M?

Im not saying we can beat PV, im just saying it would hurt if we didnt beat them and was unable to pull off an upset of ULL and Hawaii. I think it is very reasonable that we can beat PV but we have to win ball games, period.

Cplatt

Guest bigred360
Not buying season tickets this year for 3 reasons. 1. I have to work every other weekend. 2. I'm helping my niece (LU grad) with law school. 3. I will always try to get as many people to go with me when I'm able to attend. If I have a certain number of season tickets a couple people wouldn't be able to sit with us. For example, we invited my cousin and her family to a game last year and they couldn't get tickets near where we had seats.

• 3 weeks later...

Coachacola mentioned in another thread that Flex-Packs (packages of 3 games) are now being offered. Looks like a great way to see some games for those who can't commit to the full season.

There are two sets of Flex-Packs to choose from:

The "Big Red" package includes tickets to Prairie View A&M (9/8/2012), SELU (9/29/2012), and SHSU (10/27/2012).

The "LU" package includes tickets to Langston (9/22/2012), McMurry (10/13/2012 - Homecoming), and Nicholls (11/10/2012)

Pricing for both is $75.00 for the Red section ticket package, $55.00 for the Green section ticket package, and $35.00 for the White section ticket package.

Tickets can be purchased online. Looks like full season tickets for Green and White sections are still available for sale, also.

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/team.asp?SponsorID=4540

The "Big Red" package includes tickets to Prairie View A&M (9/8/2012), SELU (9/29/2012), and SHSU (10/27/2012).

The "LU" package includes tickets to Langston (9/22/2012), McMurry (10/13/2012 - Homecoming), and Nicholls (11/10/2012)

Who in their right mind would prefer the LU package at the SAME price as the Big Red package?

Who in their right mind would prefer the LU package at the SAME price as the Big Red package?

That's what I was thinking! LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone heard when the season tickets will be mailed out? Should be getting close based on an old August 16, 2010 Enterprise article I found pertaining to that season's tickets.

We didn't receive ours with the first mailing last year and hope I have enough time this year to get a reprint if the same thing happens since I'll have to plan a trip. :(

• 2 weeks later...
We renewed ours, 6 tickets in the gold section. I hope that there will be jerk employees monitoring this section and making sure only legitimate ticket holder sit there. I hear numerous people aren't buying in the gold and are going to buy the cheapest seats they can get and just go sit in the gold section. Sorry, but that is chicken $hit.

i got mine int the mail..dammit..was hoping to move up one row...maybe i'll go sit in the gold with cardinal!.....just kidding... sit where ya buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think sales have to be way down...judging from the big selection of seats available for single game tickets.....I've talked to numerous people..they are gonna tailgate and then, "maybe go to the game..."