Season Ticket Sales

Lamarcard81

I think season tickets are down to around 3000. Which is way down.

This may just be part of the process toward leveling out. I think we all knew that the first few seasons would be high because of the excitement of football coming back. It will eventually reach some "regular" amount in the next few years.

We renewed ours, 6 tickets in the gold section. I hope that there will be jerk employees monitoring this section and making sure only legitimate ticket holder sit there. I hear numerous people aren't buying in the gold and are going to buy the cheapest seats they can get and just go sit in the gold section. Sorry, but that is chicken $hit.

They do that in every sport at Lamar. The athletic department just can't afford to monitor every section with good workers. We would get this complaint all the time but couldn't afford to hire enough good people to do it. The company they use now is a joke. They don't do anything but stand there and last year one got arrested because Lupd had cited him before. Some are good workers but not a lot.

Guest CardAmbassador

The honeymoon period is over. They have to start winning to get people to games. 50+ blowout losses is also a sure-fire why of keeping people away.

This, I'm not surprised that we've seen a decrease, If we can finish in the top 3 in SLC one year I'm sure you will see alot of those season ticket holders come back. We've been pretty bad so you have to be a hardcore fan to want season tickets.

The honeymoon period is over. They have to start winning to get people to games. 50+ blowout losses is also a sure-fire why of keeping people away.

This, I'm not surprised that we've seen a decrease, If we can finish in the top 3 in SLC one year I'm sure you will see alot of those season ticket holders come back. We've been pretty bad so you have to be a hardcore fan to want season tickets.

I don't even think that's as much of an issue as the initial idea that football was back. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamar (even down the line) averaging somewhere between 2,500 and 3,500 season tickets each year. Even if you do manage to crack the top 3, it won't bring that many more in. The thrill of Lamar football being back is over, now you've got people who genuinely want to support the Cardinals regardless of record being leftover.

If the Cards get in the top 3, you'll see overall attendance shoot up, but I don't think you'll see season ticket sales spike too much.

Guest CardAmbassador

my family increased the amount of season tickets we bought. Hopefully as the season gets closer we get more buyers.

I bet if we show the type of improvement I think we will this year, then there will be quite a few people come back. I think many people are waiting to see if we're going to compete or just get blown out.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
The blowout losses have an impact but so do playing Langston, McMurray and PV A&M et al. A very competitive team playing strong competition will keep attendance & season ticket sales up!!!

Wins eaqual season ticket, season tickets bring in money. Money and winning gets your FBS money games which equals even more money. FBS and Money means conference move(FBS). Bottom lines is win ball games and compete in others and fans will come and season tickets will sore!!! Cant wait til Sat.

Cplatt

Guest CardAmbassador

I don't even think that's as much of an issue as the initial idea that football was back. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lamar (even down the line) averaging somewhere between 2,500 and 3,500 season tickets each year. Even if you do manage to crack the top 3, it won't bring that many more in. The thrill of Lamar football being back is over, now you've got people who genuinely want to support the Cardinals regardless of record being leftover.

If the Cards get in the top 3, you'll see overall attendance shoot up, but I don't think you'll see season ticket sales spike too much.

I disagree, Lamar is different in that it is actually in a decent size MSA. We can easily have over 3.5k season ticket holders if we have a few good years strung together.

gotta agree with North on this years home schedule..aside from Sam..its pretty bad..Now, I understand we are still new and ya take what you can get (so early in our comeback)..and i aint saying we win em all..but langston,McMury,PV, SELa and Nichols...hell, their own fans dont give a krap about em...nobody should have to play SE and nichols at home in the same year...

crappy schedule+ televised home games+ the new has worn off+too many ut/am wannabes= lower ticket sales---------I just hope we average over 10k per game...

If we can be more competitive this year our ticket sales will go back up. There is no reason for us to not dominate the SLC. We should be the best team in conference every year.

Just out of curiosity, why "should" you be the best team in conference every year? The SLC has been a three-headed conference over the last 10 years with SFA/SHSU/McNeese usually near the top. Why should Lamar automatically dominate the conference?

If we can be more competitive this year our ticket sales will go back up. There is no reason for us to not dominate the SLC. We should be the best team in conference every year.

Just out of curiosity, why "should" you be the best team in conference every year? The SLC has been a three-headed conference over the last 10 years with SFA/SHSU/McNeese usually near the top. Why should Lamar automatically dominate the conference?

Because we are awesome, and you're on our message board, plus our scoreboard is a lot bigger than yours.

Because we are awesome, and you're on our message board, plus our scoreboard is a lot bigger than yours.

Spoken like a true Lamar fan ;)

Just out of curiosity, why "should" you be the best team in conference every year? The SLC has been a three-headed conference over the last 10 years with SFA/SHSU/McNeese usually near the top. Why should Lamar automatically dominate the conference

Spoken like a true Lamar fan ;)

Ha.. You got that right.

Have to agree with Wooten on this...as much as that pains me. No reason we should be 'dominating' with SFA, McNeese, and SHSU in our conference. However, we should finish top 1/2 and we should be able to compete with those 3 schools (and not get outright embarrassed). Hopefully we'll show some improvement against SHSU and SFA. For some reason, we've played well against McNeese.

We renewed ours, 6 tickets in the gold section. I hope that there will be jerk employees monitoring this section and making sure only legitimate ticket holder sit there. I hear numerous people aren't buying in the gold and are going to buy the cheapest seats they can get and just go sit in the gold section. Sorry, but that is chicken $hit.

They do that in every sport at Lamar. The athletic department just can't afford to monitor every section with good workers. We would get this complaint all the time but couldn't afford to hire enough good people to do it. The company they use now is a joke. They don't do anything but stand there and last year one got arrested because Lupd had cited him before. Some are good workers but not a lot.

I'm not concerned about every section, just the Gold. :D But seriously, I saw it starting last year. People just pay for the cheap seats and then would come sit in the Gold section. If it keeps up I suppose I will do the same.