no more 3pm games !!!!

lu cards

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cardinalrule
Hey, I want to keep going to the games because I want to support LU and the players but I don't want to be seen supporting Woodard while he hands the ball off 30 times in a row while we are losing. So, do you think Cotton Cargo will start selling LU grocery bags to wear over our heads? You know, like the Aints fans used to wear? I was thinking they could go fancy with it. Red glossy ones, kind of like grocery sized gift bags. Put LU in white on them somewhere, with "we love Ray" on them?

LOL I hate being this negative of a fan but it has just gotten to the point where I feel like the team is worse fundamentally and less exciting to watch than the first year the program was back. I feel like we lost the momentum around the team and that buzz in the south east Texas area. The last time I felt like this was when rocaforte was winding down his last few years in Beaumont. Now look the administration makes a splash hire and the bball program is rejuvenated and competitive once again. We should have hired mike leach when we had the chance dang it.

Guest Cardinalrule

LOL I hate being this negative of a fan but it has just gotten to the point where I feel like the team is worse fundamentally and less exciting to watch than the first year the program was back. I feel like we lost the momentum around the team and that buzz in the south east Texas area. The last time I felt like this was when rocaforte was winding down his last few years in Beaumont. Now look the administration makes a splash hire and the bball program is rejuvenated and competitive once again. We should have hired mike leach when we had the chance dang it.

I doubt we could have gotten Leach but we definitely could have gotten a big name coach.

@Cougar Queen...Only drawing 30k in a city the size of Houston is laughable....and certainly nothing to brag about. Btw...if you truly are trying to walk on, I hope you blow your knee out before you get a chance to suit out for one game. Now THAT would be laughable! :)

Yep you're mad. Also, when your stadium is only 32k in capacity. Selling out your stadium for multiple years in a row is very impressive. I could turn around and say only getting 10-12k in a city of 120,000 alone (not counting the rest of the GT) is laughable.

@Cougar Queen...Only drawing 30k in a city the size of Houston is laughable....and certainly nothing to brag about. Btw...if you truly are trying to walk on, I hope you blow your knee out before you get a chance to suit out for one game. Now THAT would be laughable! :)

Yep you're mad. Also, when your stadium is only 32k in capacity. Selling out your stadium for multiple years in a row is very impressive. I could turn around and say only getting 10-12k in a city of 120,000 alone (not counting the rest of the GT) is laughable.

Who's mad? I am not mad at all. Cougar High has always suffered from an inferiority complex.

I could turn around and say only getting 10-12k in a city of 120,000 alone (not counting the rest of the GT) is laughable.

hahaha..I's be a studint at houstOn koogur hi

lets see...10k outta 100k versus 30k outta 2 million...do a lil math

"not counting the rest of GT"

well ,boy genius.....how bout six million in houston metro area

coogs...hahhahhahhahha

I wonder if it hurts being that damn stupid..like an ice cream brain freeze 24/7?

eat em up eat em up..hahhahhahhahhahhahahha

thats your new name---Brain Freeze

Their not getting 10-12k, last weekend i'm willing to bet everything there was less than 4-5. I find it funny how they insult other fan bases when they have some of the worst fan support.

Their not getting 10-12k, last weekend i'm willing to bet everything there was less than 4-5. I find it funny how they insult other fan bases when they have some of the worst fan support.

Funny how you bring up us insulting other fan bases when the only thing you and cougar king do is troll over here.

Again..yall couldn't sell out your shitty stadium playing for a national championship. Enough said.

Guest Cardinalrule

Worst fan support? Worst fans support compared to who? Certainly not anyone in our conference. Why don't you take your 58 iq and go back to lousyanna.

If you want proof, look at the first minute of the Southland OnDemand Fullgame video of Saturday's game. The stadium seats 16,000 (8,000 to the side). True, the visiting side was light, but as others have noted, the press box side had a decent crowd ... not nearly as much as we've had in the past, but decent. You lose anyway you look at it comparing fan support.

Also, remember that a lot of times what goes around comes around. The last two years are an anomoly based on Sam's records from 2002 - 2010, Willie Fritz's first year ... 4 winning years during that time period and for a long established football program ... playing since 1912.

2002 4-7

2003 2-9

2004 11-3 (Dustin Long year)

2005 3-7

2006 6-5

2007 7-4 (Rhett Bomar - 9 games)

2008 4-6 (Rhett Bomar)

2009 5-6

2019 6-5 (Willie Fritz's first year)

Not trying to sugarcoat anything about our program, but things have definitely not always been smelling like roses in Huntsville.

I could turn around and say only getting 10-12k in a city of 120,000 alone (not counting the rest of the GT) is laughable.

hahaha..I's be a studint at houstOn koogur hi

lets see...10k outta 100k versus 30k outta 2 million...do a lil math

"not counting the rest of GT"

well ,boy genius.....how bout six million in houston metro area

coogs...hahhahhahhahha

I wonder if it hurts being that damn stupid..like an ice cream brain freeze 24/7?

eat em up eat em up..hahhahhahhahhahhahahha

thats your new name---Brain Freeze

Lol, you're really mad.

For a guy who talks about all these sell outs, I see yall sold out your first game when UTSA kicked your ass, and then the Rice game which Im sure was because of the Rice crowd. I see a 27 k and two 25 k crowds for this year. Your school is just a stepping stone for the big schools as indicated by your last two head coaches. I also looked at the roster and did not see any Westbrook players...are you really a walk on or is that just what you tell people so they will take you serious. Either way, it does not appear to working out on either end. The non roster spot on the team or the flak on BRI. Im sure A&M and UT have fan sights you can get on and talk about your sell outs and education standards. Well...lets face it, we know you won't do that...well because they would laugh at you. Much the way we are laughing at the little guy trying to be a big man on the computer. Maybe on your next post, you can drop a name or two of a UH player that you got to meet or shake hands. Then you can tell us what good buddies yall are. Keep working out and maybe just maybe, they will give you number 99 along with the fifty other 99's that get to suit up at home games. GOOD LUCK LIL FELLA

2002 4-7

2003 2-9

2004 11-3 (Dustin Long year)

2005 3-7

2006 6-5

2007 7-4 (Rhett Bomar - 9 games)

2008 4-6 (Rhett Bomar)

2009 5-6

2019 6-5 (Willie Fritz's first year)

Not trying to sugarcoat anything about our program, but things have definitely not always been smelling like roses in Huntsville.

Those bolded years were the Todd Whitten years, and I think you guys got a first hand look at how he WRECKED our program, not even from a winning side, but fan base, financial support, stadium upgrades, etc.

I think the fans have spoken about their preference of starting times. Same thing happened with Basketball attendance with the afternoon starts last season.

PVAMU - 15,367

Langston - 12,383

SELA - 8,426 (3:00 pm)

McMurray - 13,452 (Homecoming)

SHSU - 9,042 (3:00 pm)

Nicholls - ???? (3:00 pm) Wonder if it is too late to move it back to 7:00 pm.

I thought SELA was down because of the weather forecast, but I no longer think that was a primary factor after this weekend's attendance.

Basketball moved back to night games (except for one game). Hopefully, football will do the same.

For a guy who talks about all these sell outs, I see yall sold out your first game when UTSA kicked your ass, and then the Rice game which Im sure was because of the Rice crowd. I see a 27 k and two 25 k crowds for this year. Your school is just a stepping stone for the big schools as indicated by your last two head coaches. I also looked at the roster and did not see any Westbrook players...are you really a walk on or is that just what you tell people so they will take you serious. Either way, it does not appear to working out on either end. The non roster spot on the team or the flak on BRI. Im sure A&M and UT have fan sights you can get on and talk about your sell outs and education standards. Well...lets face it, we know you won't do that...well because they would laugh at you. Much the way we are laughing at the little guy trying to be a big man on the computer. Maybe on your next post, you can drop a name or two of a UH player that you got to meet or shake hands. Then you can tell us what good buddies yall are. Keep working out and maybe just maybe, they will give you number 99 along with the fifty other 99's that get to suit up at home games. GOOD LUCK LIL FELLA

You have to be the most retarded person on this site. My eyes are bleeding from reading that garbage.

1. We lost to Texas State, not UTSA. Our OC was fired immediately after the game. Save for UCLA, we have not scored under 35 ever since. On top of which, everybody we played in C-USA so far, other than SMU have all been blown out by halftime.

2. I just transferred to UH, I haven't walked on yet.

3. You obviously never have been outside of SETX, because if you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Rice does not bring any fans to their games. They brought literally 200 people to Reliant, the other 30,000 were decked out in red.

4. Nobody on here is laughing because they KNOW LU does not belong on the same field as UH. Plus, us playing Lamar will be like punching a baby.

5. Stepping stone or not, it just shows that we have quality coaching here at UH. Lamar has a mediocre coach who hasn't accomplished anything and what happens? Oh that's right, he gets an extension. No local recruit with a decent offer wants to come to LU. Hence why I didn't try to walk-on there.

Do your research before you try to talk smack.