Where are they now?

Birdseye

All of the talk about if Tic should be given the job or not and that Lamar should do a real coaching search. Made me want to look at our last list of candidates. So I thought I would look back and see who the candidates were not so long ago and see where are they now. To see if Lamar missed out on a gem. I found the list of candidates here http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-men-s-basketball-candidates-include-Knight-1318324.php and here http://collegesportsinfo.com/2011/02/08/2011-college-basketball-coaching-changes-potential-candidates/

Matt Cross - Went back to Talladega College.

Scott Monarch - Was fired from his assistant job at Marquette because he lied to the NCAA about a minor recruiting violation.

Alvin Brooks - Is still an assistant at U of H. His record as a head coach was 54 - 84.

Glynn Cyprien - Has moved to an assistant coach at Texas A & M.

Jessie Evans - Former ULL, USF head coach is now an assistant at Southeast Missouri St.

Walter Rese - is now a SALES MANAGER at Action Target. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/walter-roese/17/6ba/92b

Terry Evans - Is still a head coach at Central Oklahoma.

Don "Bubba" Skelton - Is back as the head coach of Norhwest Mississippi.

Chris Crutchfield - Is now an assistant at OU.

Tic Price - Student activities at our glorious Lamar.

So out of all of the candidates that we had to choose from the last time, NONE of them have gotten a job as a D1 head coach in three years. That should say volumes about the interest coaches have in our basketball program. I don't like it, but that is the fact. There were 51 coaching changes in 2012 including Western Kentucky and Texas Southern schools in our area and level of play. http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/03/06/2012-college-basketball-coach-changes/ In 2013 there were 48 coaching changes including Texas St., UTPA, SFA, South Alabama, Georgia Southern, and UCA. One Hundred jobs have been there for the taking. The coaching candidates that Lamar looked at when we hired PK are still available. You would think that if we had a good selection one of them would have gotten a D1 shot somewhere in three years. According to College sports info Evans and Cyprien are the only two to receive interest in 2012 for a D1 job. NONE of their names show up on the 2013 list.

While this is not a bad argument, there are also some assumptions being made as well...How many of those guys mentioned applied elsewhere since last time.

I know Skelton is back at home and likes it, but would have probably come back to LU. He is also back at NWMS not because he flopped somewhere else, but because it is home. He actually did very well at Jones County after leaving LU.

Wow is all I have to say!! This program has sunk to "subterranean" levels!!! As a once "rabid" fan of LU basketball, I have become numb and uninterested in the program. Until I see real evidence of some sort of capability in running a collegiate athletic program coming from the athletic and University administration, then I do not see us going anywhere good anytime soon. For the record, as an alumnus my support for the University will not waiver, but my interest in the athletic programs is definately taking a beating!!

Wow is all I have to say!! This program has sunk to "subterranean" levels!!! As a once "rabid" fan of LU basketball, I have become numb and uninterested in the program. Until I see real evidence of some sort of capability in running a collegiate athletic program coming from the athletic and University administration, then I do not see us going anywhere good anytime soon. For the record, as an alumnus my support for the University will not waiver, but my interest in the athletic programs is definately taking a beating!!

+1

I'm beginning to think that the Admin never even really considered Price for the head coaching job. There is 'no' way in my opinion that they can hire Price even if they wanted too. If you are the AD or president, how do they support their decision? I would not want to constantly be answering questions that i had no good answer for for 3 or 4 years. Im gonna bet my money on a new coach coming in... Nothing else really makes sense to me.

I think somebody saw the name Knight and figured they were getting a young version of the old man, and didn't really look at anything else. Not saying this time around is different but we do have a different President and AD so maybe there was more consideration than we are giving credit of.

Mike Krzyzewski's last 2 years at Army his team went 23-28.Remarkably he was hired by Duke. His first three years at Duke he went 38-47 and his first five years at Duke his conference record was 28-42.Many fans wanted him fired. His overall record at Duke is 910-247 and 362-149 in conference play. He has head coached our Olympic Team to two gold medals,brought duke four NCAA Championships and received numerous humanitarian awards.He has donated countless time,talent and treasure to help those serving our country in the armed services.Today his team lost to Mercer,a 14 seed.

All of the talk about if Tic should be given the job or not and that Lamar should do a real coaching search. Made me want to look at our last list of candidates. So I thought I would look back and see who the candidates were not so long ago and see where are they now. To see if Lamar missed out on a gem. I found the list of candidates here http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-men-s-basketball-candidates-include-Knight-1318324.php and here http://collegesportsinfo.com/2011/02/08/2011-college-basketball-coaching-changes-potential-candidates/

Matt Cross - Went back to Talladega College.

Scott Monarch - Was fired from his assistant job at Marquette because he lied to the NCAA about a minor recruiting violation.

Alvin Brooks - Is still an assistant at U of H. His record as a head coach was 54 - 84.

Glynn Cyprien - Has moved to an assistant coach at Texas A & M.

Jessie Evans - Former ULL, USF head coach is now an assistant at Southeast Missouri St.

Walter Rese - is now a SALES MANAGER at Action Target. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/walter-roese/17/6ba/92b

Terry Evans - Is still a head coach at Central Oklahoma.

Don "Bubba" Skelton - Is back as the head coach of Norhwest Mississippi.

Chris Crutchfield - Is now an assistant at OU.

Tic Price - Student activities at our glorious Lamar.

So out of all of the candidates that we had to choose from the last time, NONE of them have gotten a job as a D1 head coach in three years. That should say volumes about the interest coaches have in our basketball program. I don't like it, but that is the fact. There were 51 coaching changes in 2012 including Western Kentucky and Texas Southern schools in our area and level of play. http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/03/06/2012-college-basketball-coach-changes/ In 2013 there were 48 coaching changes including Texas St., UTPA, SFA, South Alabama, Georgia Southern, and UCA. One Hundred jobs have been there for the taking. The coaching candidates that Lamar looked at when we hired PK are still available. You would think that if we had a good selection one of them would have gotten a D1 shot somewhere in three years. According to College sports info Evans and Cyprien are the only two to receive interest in 2012 for a D1 job. NONE of their names show up on the 2013 list.

This article doesn't prove jack squat!!!! It says those are the coaches that are 'considered candidates'. Who made this damn list? You seriously think these were the only people interested in coaching here? I SWEAR...SOME FRIGGIN PEOPLE NEED TO PULL THEIR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!