FCS Playoffs

Guest austinred

Interesting that the two SLC co-champions are paired against each other in the first round. The Southland is the only conference with two conference members paired against each other in the initial round. There may be other pairings as the playoffs progress, but the others will be determined by the results on the field as they were in the 2013 playoffs; not by filling squares on in a bracket.

Maybe it is how the seeding fell out. It is still interesting to me. As usual, I'm probably missing something.

Since they didn't play in the regular season it'll stay in the books as a Co-Championship but at least the winner will have some bragging rights as to who is the true champion...wish they wouldn't have been paired together first round though for us to be able to compare the SLC to other conferences this year.

On a side note...why does the SWAC not participate in the playoffs? I looked it up and it said they instead split the conference into 2 divisions so they can have a conference championship game...just seems odd to not want to chance a national title. The Ivy League doesn't participate either but I just assumed they don't want to interfere with finals lol

If I remember correctly Sam and SELA played each other in the first round last year also. If not I am sure that two SLC teams played each other. Is there any other conference with three teams in the playoffs?

Close geezer...SELA had a bye and Sam played them 2nd round...I'd have to research to see where every team is from

I agree with coach...had the 9th win been SELA or SHSU we'd have been in. The UCA game might not have been enough to overcome the fact we had 2 very bad sub D-I games on our schedule...SFA had 1 D-II game but it was at least against a pretty good Texas A&M Commerce team...the win over SELA probably got them in.