** LU vs SHSU Game Thread **

coachacola

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[tweet]644139000970780673[/tweet]

It looks like those living in Houston with AT&T UVerse are out of luck unless there is access to a digital antenna. Looking at the list of ASN Affiliates, the Houston affiliate is KPRC digital channel 2.2 (ThisTV). I guess I'll have to dig out the digital antenna I bought when we spent about three months in Colorado last spring and see how it does. :) It looks like Comcast in Houston may not be carrying KPRC's ThisTV either. (Charter was so bad when we had it. It was about as bad as it gets for cable. It would be a pleasant surprise if they carried the channel.)

The change to ASN and weaker affiliate lineup is a huge step down for the conference in my opinion. It takes out one of the conference's biggest markets unless the viewer jumps through a bunch of hoops. The casual viewer will probably never find an SLC game here with the current setup. Southland Conference TV used to be broadcast over KUBE (Channel 57) which was carried by UVerse as well as the other providers.

It is easy to find Houston Baptist games. They are broadcast on the Root Sports Southwest here (a partnership of AT&T and DirectTV). I wonder if ASN and Root could work a deal. Root is probably looking for product. I guess with the AT&T / DirectTV merger, AT&T owns it 100% now.

Edited by LUSportsFan

BEAUMONT, Texas – After a 1-1 start to the 2015 season in non-conference play, the Lamar University football team now turns its attention to the Southland Conference, and its opener against No. 3 Sam Houston State. The Bearkats enter the game with an 0-1 record, and similar to LU's showing at Baylor, Sam Houston put a scare into Texas Tech before falling, 59-45, in its last outing.

"Sam Houston State is a very talented, well coached football team who is going to be coming into our game having had two weeks to prepare for us," said LU head coach Ray Woodard. "There is a reason why they have already been ranked as high as No. 1 in the nation this season. We have our work cut out for us."

http://lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/9/17/FB_0917153050.aspx