** LU at SLU Game Thread **

coachacola

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really is a tough loss but SELA is still a good team. A quick look at the stats you would think that SELA dominated because they outgained us 539-365 but they also ran 82 plays to our 55...yards per play were actually basically even with Lamar at 6.64 to SELA's 6.57. The 2 goal to go FG's hurt...can't settle for that. The loss of Eillis for the 2nd half hurt. It seemed like you could kind of feel our defense was worn out at the end and having been on the field as much as they were that's understandable. We need to do a better job offensively to keep our defense rested to be fresher for the 4th quarter.

Brown, Gladen, Nelson, Handy, Langley count the touches. Never seen a Championship team win with 1 receiver getting all touches. Spread the ball around. Ive seen 3rd, 4th, 5th to last place teams give the touch to1 r 2 players. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

we have the offensive creativity of a turd. Are we incapable of a simple drop back pass?!!!! It seems like every damn pass play we call is a stupid freaking rollout!!!! And do the coaches even realize we have a damn tight end??!! I don't totally fault the defense although our pass defense was horrible. They converted 8-11 third downs and 2-4 fourth downs!!! Every 3rd down conversion was a pass play!!

anyway, is kueck back running the offense????? 180 yds passing??!!! Are you kidding me? That's pathetic. And if these qb's don't play better I'm going to start my bring back Caleb campaign! Of course, maybe it isn't the qb's fault...it has to be hard to complete passes when you're only using half the field and you have to do a sprint rollout on every throw!! Yes, I'm disgusted

There it is folks,... Lamar lost, at least #9 broke the school record, which seem to be more important. Just like the Baylor game. Lamar 2 man show...wake up people. Look at the stats, Can't win against good teams with only 2 players touching the ball on offense. Get EVERYBODY involved in the game, Lamar has other good players not just 2. Wake up people.

ill give you a shiney nickel if you go away.

we have the offensive creativity of a turd. Are we incapable of a simple drop back pass?!!!! It seems like every damn pass play we call is a stupid freaking rollout!!!! And do the coaches even realize we have a damn tight end??!! I don't totally fault the defense although our pass defense was horrible. They converted 8-11 third downs and 2-4 fourth downs!!! Every 3rd down conversion was a pass play!!

anyway, is kueck back running the offense????? 180 yds passing??!!! Are you kidding me? That's pathetic. And if these qb's don't play better I'm going to start my bring back Caleb campaign! Of course, maybe it isn't the qb's fault...it has to be hard to complete passes when you're only using half the field and you have to do a sprint rollout on every throw!! Yes, I'm disgusted

Kuecks offense re-wrote the record book, just saying

defense stunk, qb's stunk, play calling stunk...on a bright note..their wr sucked!

We saw a great college football game last night and a shame somebody had to lose. I think I can speak for most Lions fans in saying the Cardinals were as good as advertised, and as a program, are headed in the right direction. I was very impressed with Harrington ... reminds me a lot of former South Dakota State and current Detroit Lion running back, Zach Zenner ... great college football player who represents Lamar and the Southland Conference very well! Best of luck the rest of the season ... this Lion fan will be pulling for you guys!

It was not pretty on either side of the ball but Lamar very well could have won that game and it came down to inches. A sign of a good football team. I thought we had stopped them on the goal line....it was so close. We need a bigger threat down field to loosen up those defenses.

It was not pretty on either side of the ball but Lamar very well could have won that game and it came down to inches. A sign of a good football team. I thought we had stopped them on the goal line....it was so close. We need a bigger threat down field to loosen up those defenses.

My guess is his knee probably hit the ground right before he made that 'lunge' over our lineman. But, there wasn't an angle where I could see his knees. Our secondary needs to quit celebrating so much (#29) and figure out how to consistently stop people. I gave them a pass on Baylor because of their speed but this showing was pathetic.

And you're right. We need to stretch the field...with or without a capable receiver. Our two pass plays, sprint rollout 5 yd out or a wide receiver screen or whatever that damn play is called. 180 yds passing??? Seriously??? 2 for 10 on third down?!! If we can't get a little more creative in our passing game then screw it and hand it to Harrington on every play, when he gets tired give it to harris.

Lamar should have scored more. Several 3 and outs were just horrible but credit also goes to SELA's defense as well. Lamar killed themselves on their last drive with false starts driving them back not to mention the holding call that negated a the one run Harrington made in that sequence. Saying Lamar should have scored more is just what the SELA fans are probably saying. We think our team gave away a win for a number of reasons but the SELA fans can rightly say their team blew 3 TDs on dropped passes. As someone posted earlier we were just outplayed. Our gap integrity was bad allowing the SELA RBs and QB to gash us and our pass defense for the most part was not good at all. We just weren't good enough. I would love to know what happened to Carson Earp. People feel Minden's the better passer but I have no problem with Earp who did a great job while Minden was out. However, I think the offense suffered a little as a result, Minden sure looked rusty to me. It was an exciting game for sure and there is no reason for Lamar to feel anything but proud of their effort. Thanks to royallion05 for being a good sport. If Lamar can't bounce back and win conference then I think I'll root for the Lions if he's an example of their fans.

U can't run a offense with 2 players getting 99% of the ball and except to win against strong teams. It's impossible. Maybe u just lock in on #8 & #9...U have 6 lineman, everybody else is skill players. Win a Championship with 2 direct players, I buy u dinner

LU beat SHSU by 3 and lost to SLU by 3, both on the road. They could have easily won both or lost both. Last year LU got blown out by both at home so I'm pretty satisfied with the results. They just need to take care of business the rest of the season and grab a playoff spot.

U can't run a offense with 2 players getting 99% of the ball and except to win against strong teams. It's impossible. Maybe u just lock in on #8 & #9...U have 6 lineman, everybody else is skill players. Win a Championship with 2 direct players, I buy u dinner

You sound like a parent who's mad his kid isn't getting the ball. They are targeted so often because they are far and away the best and most consistent players on the team. #84 was targeted last night and had a big drop that would have gone for a first down. If other players want the ball they have got to be more consistent

I hear what you are saying, but it seemed like the Texas Longhorns and the the Houston Oilers came very close to doing that with the Tyler Rose, Earl Campbell. SMU's Pony Express (Eric Dickerson and Craig James) came pretty close also. :biggrin:

LU beat SHSU by 3 and lost to SLU by 3, both on the road. They could have easily won both or lost both. Last year LU got blown out by both at home so I'm pretty satisfied with the results. They just need to take care of business the rest of the season and grab a playoff spot.

+1

Hey fans, it really was a great game last night and the BigRedNation should be proud of your team this year. As a Lions fan though I left the stadium shaking my head how we didn't win by 27. We didn't and a good bit of it was due to a very good defensive Lamar line, but if Bossier doesn't suffer severe brain farts this game turns out far worse. Good Luck the rest of the season, and I look forward to another great trip to Beaumont next year.

Spoke at length to one of the Coaches, we All know what was at Stake & what could have been. Two things can happen, build on the adversity & propel yourself to the next level, or dwell on what if's & go into a tailspin. We will see if this Team has what it takes to be Champions. I feel they let one slip away on the road, this Team has the makeup to do Great things beyond Conference. Cardinals should be fine, would like to see some other guys step up to make this ride a little smoother, but Big Red will be a Force. To my Son #20 Mr Randle Jr, finally everyone can see what we have known for years. Keep God First Always.

#SpeedKills

As much as we don't like it, my take is we got barely beat by the better team at their place. There is no shame and should be no panic at this point. When we started the program back, I was looking forward to the season that we would be competitive in our conference, and we are definately there. Our goal is to improve every season and this is done by getting better at all facets of the program especially recruiting. Not that long ago Sam was struggling in their program and SELa was not really doing much either. If we can continue to play good football this year and weave our way from the injury bug, we could still be a playoff team. One thing is for sure, I don't think we will be picked 8th in conference by the coaches next year, but all bets are off on the SID's, I have no respect for that bunch figuring out anything.