Opportunity to do something special

Lamarcard81

While on paper NWSt is much weaker than years past I'm still nervous about the game. I don't want us to go in with the mindset that they are 0-5 and it will be a cake walk. They had a week off coming into this game and it is their homecoming game. I'm sure Coach Woodard is using that homecoming part as bulletin board material along with the fact that we haven't beaten them...but the players need to focus on the old cliche of one game at a time. Don't worry about who is coming to town next weekend and just go out and handle business this week.

NWSt. has really struggled stopping the run this season but their numbers have improved every week (438 to SELA, 360 to UL-L, 275 to Miss. St., 267 to UCA, 220 to UIW). Fully expect us to force them to prove they can stop Kade consistently.

Think about this...as of right now 2 of our last 3 conference wins dating back to last year where wins against teams we hadn't beaten since the rebirth. A chance to make that 3 of 4 this week and 4 of 5 next week if we handle business Saturday.