** LU vs SHSU Game Thread **

coachacola

No offense intended toward Mattingly, but his lack of size and scoring ability on the inside really hurts Lamar's offense. The lack of offense from that position allows the double team on the other post player. Too many one and done trips to the offense. At the under four time out Lamar is down by twelve and Sam has the ball. Turnovers are even at 6, so at least that is better than the last several games. Edited by geezer

Lamar now down by 18 at the first timeout of the 2nd half. Lamar has taken one shot inside and almost all of the rest have been three point attempts. I sure would like to see Nzeakor and Chatman on the floor together. Move Mattingly out to either the two or three spot as he can help you with inside defense and get rid of the three guard offense with the quick shooting or ball hogging little guards.

Both Chatman and Nzeakor back in the game together and Lamar is starting to cut into the lead. Amazing what happens when you have an inside threat and Sam's shooting percentage is starting to fall as they have two potential shot blockers to get through.

Last second three point attempt misses, but a very good last fifteen minutes of the game for LU. Question is do the coaches and the team learn anything from this late come back even though it fell short or do they revert back to the old ways Saturday against Incarnate Word? The combination of Chatman and Nzeakor made a big difference late in the game.

It is so frustrating that our line ups change so much. If we played with a more consistent line up I think we will be far better off. I feel like Booze, Sears/Garth, Mattingly, Chatman, and Nzeakor/Kennedy would be the best... Let them build some fluidity. I know booze is in the dog house often but he sure lit a spark under the team last night.

Why should Price or the AD lose their jobs? That doesnt make any sense.

Mens Basketball 10-12

Womens Basketball 8-13

Football 5-6

Mens Baseball 2015 21-31

Softball 2015 26-28

Volleyball 14-16

This is why the AD should be fired, these are the major sports at LU and they are all under performing. Don't necessarily agree with the Will Davis hire but am willing to give him a fair shot as a fan and hope he at least turns the baseball program around quickly.

This is tic price ' s second season and he has a very young team. The girls had a good season last year and the year before that. I don't know about the other teams. Lamar had one of the biggest turnaround in the nation last year. They lost their 3 top players from that year.

It is so frustrating that our line ups change so much. If we played with a more consistent line up I think we will be far better off. I feel like Booze, Sears/Garth, Mattingly, Chatman, and Nzeakor/Kennedy would be the best... Let them build some fluidity. I know booze is in the dog house often but he sure lit a spark under the team last night.

The team looked much better with Nzeakor & Chapman in the game, I would let them play together as much as possible. Also Booze & Chapman were really causing problems for SAM in the full court press. We should use it more. I would not substitute at 2 fouls in the first half, but keep them in there until the 3rd foul. I agree with Geezer about Mattingly inside.