** LU vs ACU Game Thread **

coachacola

Eight minutes into the game and Chatman hasn't played yet. What's the deal? His best line-up against IW was with both Chatman and Nzeakor on the floor together so tonight we don't play them together against a smaller team. For those wandering this is where people are questioning Price's coaching ability. Cardinals are down 11 at the under 12 minute timeout.

Eight minutes into the game and Chatman hasn't played yet. What's the deal? His best line-up against IW was with both Chatman and Nzeakor on the floor together so tonight we don't play them together against a smaller team. For those wandering this is where people are questioning Price's coaching ability. Cardinals are down 11 at the under 12 minute timeout.

Could be for discipline.

Final score ACU 71 LU 67. It's a good thing most of the LU players are freshman because if you only count D-1 games LU is now 6 and 14. Not much better than two years ago when all of the games were against D-1 schools. Edited by geezer

Looks like Chatman was being disciplined. With six games and four of them against the top three teams in the conference, LU has two chances to beat McNeese to get another win on the season. Very disappointed with this teams progress over the year. If the record is because of the players not executing what was asked of them I find it hard to see where next year will be much better. Only other choice is poor coaching in that the players are playing hard but can't find a way to win.

It is amazing how quickly people will turn on a coach. Last year everyone was "tooting" his horn. He lost his 2 best players and has a team comprised of mostly underclassmen. Now people want the AD to fire him. They are not getting blown out by teams that have mostly upperclassmen Sometimes you have to go backward to move forward.

It is amazing how quickly people will turn on a coach. Last year everyone was "tooting" his horn. He lost his 2 best players and has a team comprised of mostly underclassmen. Now people want the AD to fire him. They are not getting blown out by teams that have mostly upperclassmen Sometimes you have to go backward to move forward.

Some good points. A very young team and they are hanging in there with most of their conference games.

Personally I don't care if Price is the coach or not. My points are simply observations. Continuing to do the same things when you are not winning isn't going to make you start winning. Lamar coaches over the past fifteen years have done exactly the same things, small line ups, counting on the guards making outside shots where they have never proven they can make the shots shooting over taller defenders and counting on speed to compensate for size. On the bright side with Price Lamar is getting some local players which a lot of the posters on this site want but just like I don't care who the coach is I don't care where the players come from. I just want Lamar competing for first or second in the conference rather than next to last. I'm willing to wait another year to see what happens, but I'm not really expecting much difference. There are a lot of freshmen contributing on the other SLC teams and if they continue to improve then why do you think Lamar's freshmen will make a difference next year as a sophomore? Booze hasn't improved from last year, is he still young? Bosha, while I understand he has been injured can't even make a shot after a year and a half in the program. If his injuries were nagging enough to effect his play like it appears to have, there is no excuse for not having red shirted him this year. We are getting what Lamar paid for, an inexpensive head coach so the school could pay off the fired previous coach who dug a hole that will take years to climb out of. I hope all of you are correct and things will magically improve with one year of playing time under these freshmen belts.

I wish I knew what was going on with Chatman. I expected him to make an impact this year and he's been virtually non-existent. I wonder if it is disciplinary/attitude or what??

It's been really painful watching this game. Tons of fouls by both teams. Bad passes, no inside game, no flow to the offense whatsoever. I see why the crowds are so small.

I was a long time season ticket holder. Absolutely used to love LU basketball. I finally gave up somewhere in the Mike Deane era. It's been ugly basketball for years. I hated to stop supporting but it was just too hard to watch. We've been bad (with one exception) for a long long time. It sucks.

I'm not sure anyone is turning on the coach. I was against hiring Price from the beginning but I hope he's successful. I certainly don't think he should be fired yet. We are very young. He's taking over a disaster left by Knight so, barring a scandal of some sort, I don't think there is any kind of rush to run him off. He's had some success and he's got some decent young talent on the team. It's a HUGE jump from high school to college so hopefully he'll get some more good recruits and he'll get things headed the right direction.

All that said, this year has been terrible. And coaching can be a brutal profession. It's definitely what have you done for me lately. One or two more bad years and he'll likely get canned.

Personally I don't care if Price is the coach or not. My points are simply observations. Continuing to do the same things when you are not winning isn't going to make you start winning. Lamar coaches over the past fifteen years have done exactly the same things, small line ups, counting on the guards making outside shots where they have never proven they can make the shots shooting over taller defenders and counting on speed to compensate for size. On the bright side with Price Lamar is getting some local players which a lot of the posters on this site want but just like I don't care who the coach is I don't care where the players come from. I just want Lamar competing for first or second in the conference rather than next to last. I'm willing to wait another year to see what happens, but I'm not really expecting much difference. There are a lot of freshmen contributing on the other SLC teams and if they continue to improve then why do you think Lamar's freshmen will make a difference next year as a sophomore? Booze hasn't improved from last year, is he still young? Bosha, while I understand he has been injured can't even make a shot after a year and a half in the program. If his injuries were nagging enough to effect his play like it appears to have, there is no excuse for not having red shirted him this year. We are getting what Lamar paid for, an inexpensive head coach so the school could pay off the fired previous coach who dug a hole that will take years to climb out of. I hope all of you are correct and things will magically improve with one year of playing time under these freshmen belts.

I'm not overly optimistic that things will improve either. Until we are willing to pay for a good coach or until we just get lucky with the right hire I'm not expecting much. Hopefully I'm wrong and Price will get things headed the right direction next year.

I was a long time season ticket holder. Absolutely used to love LU basketball. I finally gave up somewhere in the Mike Deane era. It's been ugly basketball for years. I hated to stop supporting but it was just too hard to watch. We've been bad (with one exception) for a long long time. It sucks.

Although Roc was a terrible coach at least he recruited some good players and brought some excitement back to LU basketball. He scheduled BYU and beat them in front of a somewhat large crowd of 4500 or so. Firing Roc and hiring Knight has proven to be one of the worst moves in the history of LU athletics, and that's no small feat.

I think in a year or two Price will have some good teams but getting there is awfully painful.

I think people should do research before speaking. Bosha couldn't be redshirt ed because he has not suffered a season ending injury for example an acl tear. He has nagging injuries that are serious. He has made some shots this year, but his shooting percentage is low. He has to go to physical therapy 5xweek for 1 hour. He has hip flexor, back and knee problems. Colton will play next year and he plays much bigger than is height, just like Tyrann did. Hopefully, Zjori will be healthy. The other kids will be a year wiser. Zeakorfor is 6'11. Some of you guys are fickle fans. No matter what happens you all will complain. In the grand scheme of things it is just a game. Noone is gravely ill and Noone has died. Geez.