Transfers added to football roster

coachacola

I think this seasons results will be most up to how the defense plays. Hoy proved himself capable last year so if any of the new qb's start in place of him LU should be in good shape. Running backs are mostly returning as is the line. WR look ok as well. Defense the DBs are the big question mark. Also what has the rest of the conference done over the off season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this seasons results will be most up to how the defense plays. Hoy proved himself capable last year so if any of the new qb's start in place of him LU should be in good shape. Running backs are mostly returning as is the line. WR look ok as well. Defense the DBs are the big question mark. Also what has the rest of the conference done over the off season.

#2 Damien Wilson. That kid has built himself into a bull. I'm a big fan.

I'm always concerned about depth on the line both O and D-line, but looking through the roster out of the first 12 to 14 defensive backs listed at least 10 are listed as transfers most from two year programs so as stated before the biggest question mark for me is the defense and in particular the secondary.

I'm always concerned about depth on the line both O and D-line, but looking through the roster out of the first 12 to 14 defensive backs listed at least 10 are listed as transfers most from two year programs so as stated before the biggest question mark for me is the defense and in particular the secondary.

I looked at the roster and, in particular, the DB's:

Stanley Norman impressive bio Had offers from 23 Division I school … A three-time Army All-American … Played in the U.S. Army All-America

Tariq Anthony A two-year letterwinner … Guided Kilgore to a 10-2 (.833) overall record and a 28-0 victory over Pima (Ariz.) Community College in the TIPS – C.H.A.M.P.S Heart of Texas Bowl

Steven Jones A two-star prospect … A second-team all-district corner back … Guided West Brook HS to a 26-10 (.722) overall record over the course of his three seasons with the team … A multiple-time all-district sprinter on the track

Jerod Elton A two-year letterwinner for the Reivers Was offered by Southern Miss before choosing LU … Also received attention from Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Iowa State and Kentucky.

I got tired of looking but there seems to be a lot of experience and talent, in this DB group. I don't think that the secondary is lacking talent.

Both freshman Erik Pizarro and junior Mason Sikes hauled in passes of more than 40 yards, while redshirt freshman Marcellus Johnson (a converted quarterback) a hauled in a pass of 53 yards that appeared to go for a score before he was ruled out at the 12-yard line.

Once again, this ain't the Colbert offense.

Both freshman Erik Pizarro and junior Mason Sikes hauled in passes of more than 40 yards, while redshirt freshman Marcellus Johnson (a converted quarterback) a hauled in a pass of 53 yards that appeared to go for a score before he was ruled out at the 12-yard line.

Once again, this ain't the Colbert offense.

reading between the lines, sounds like qb play stunk overall

I suspect that you will see both Hoy and Mcbride. To me, this looks like a case of 1 and 1A. Both can throw and both can run, but Hoy looks to be the better runner.

Schultz proved last year that he doesn't like 1 and 1A approach. Hoy is conference player of the week and then doesn't play much at all when Colbert got healthy.

Why Schultz stayed with Colbert proved right, in the latter stages of the McNeese game. The game which pushed LU over the top and into the playoffs. There is no comparison between last years 1 and 1A and this years 1 and 1A. Colbert, bless his tough old heart, would easily be #4 on the list. Naw, both Hoy and Mcbride can run and pass. You'll see both, in order to minimize the wear and tear.

I think you will see enough of at least the top two qbs during the first three games for Schultz to feel confident that either one can run the offense if needed during the conference run. The last thing you would want to do at this point is to bet everything on one guy and not have a back up with some game experience in case of injury when it counts.

No lol. If tomorrow's scrimmage isn't rained out it will become clearer. The weather forecast isn't looking good at the moment.

ok, i'll play along

only so many things it could be

-hes hurt

-he quit

-hes 3rd behind johnson

-hes redshirting

-joined drill team, is this years male flag dude

-he beat out hoy