Injury bug hits Lamar

lamarfan360

First let me say, I have no knowledge of who is out either, but from previous statements Hoy has been dealing with injuries and at least twice was a game time decision to play. At least one defensive player has been mentioned as out for the season and I remember a couple of O line players leaving the game last week after an injury for at least a play or two. Personally I'm not sure about allowing a player at this level to be a game time decision. I would think it might be an indication of lack of depth as it would be in the best interest of the team long term to get players healthy.

Sounds like he is laying the groundwork for why the team is doing so poorly. THE INJURY BUG!!!! I’m starting to think that we are going to be a 2-9 team this season. I don’t know who we can beat!!! I’m just not getting excited anymore about the games and I’m tired of losing. It’s time for a change.

Doubt there will be a change this year. Maybe next year if things haven't improved. For multiple reasons it is best to keep, even a mediocre coach for at least four years. Haven't read the contracts, but the initial length of contract might be one reason Lamar has struggled to hire good coaches and why they give extensions so early. Understand Born is most likely wanting LU to be a stepping stone, but unless there is a big push from big money donors I doubt it's in his best interest to be firing coaches. The AD is judged on other things as well as the coaching performances. There ability to raise funds and improve the facilities is a big piece of their success also.