Brock McClure, Lumberton 6'6 Wing commits to Lamar

lamarfan360

McClure in his junior year averaged 20.6 points, 10.1 rebounds, 4.2 steals and 1 block per game all while shooting 50% from the field. The 6-foot-6 wing earned himself 22-4A offensive MVP and propelled the Raiders to their first playoff win in program history. In three seasons, McClure has accumulated 1,425 career points and this is his first Super Gold

Probably will need to play the two or three in college. All high school stats are solid. The question is how much will those stats transfer to the D-1 game. Does he have the ball handling skills to move farther from the basket and still score. Maybe equally important how is his defense. Still and all good to get another local area player.

This is an important commitment for Coach Price and his staff.Other Southland Conference coaches were also very interested in him.His coach has high praises for him as a person and a player according to my close contacts.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking at the roster and knowing who is gone it looks like with announcements Lamar has one or two openings available yet. Back on the roster, does anyone have insight on Clayton Carpenter? Can he potentially fill the five spot? Cameron is still listed but as he didn't play at all last year and very limited the year before he is not a big that I see providing much.

• 3 weeks later...
Brock McClure scored 43 pts in a TABC All-Star game today.

Pretty incredible Lamar is set to have 5 local players on the roster (4 on scholarship with Harrison, Adams, Catt & McClure along with the walk on from West Brook).

Would love to see them get some more United kids like Porchea, don

Pretty incredible Lamar is set to have 5 local players on the roster (4 on scholarship with Harrison, Adams, Catt & McClure along with the walk on from West Brook).

Would love to see them get some more United kids like Porchea, don

LU has two walk-ons. One from Central and one from West Brook. 6 locals is pretty impressive.

The Coaching staff is recruiting BU pretty hard!

While it's always good to have local players, I just want Lamar to get the 13 best scholarship players possible from anywhere they can. I want to see Lamar winning conference titles and playing in postseason tourneys.

While it's always good to have local players, I just want Lamar to get the 13 best scholarship players possible from anywhere they can. I want to see Lamar winning conference titles and playing in postseason tourneys.

Agree we need the best 13 scholarship players possible. However, McClure averaged 32 ppg. Both Tic and AB have publicly stated Harrison could be the best PG ever at Lamar. Adams was Freshman POY in the OVC. Catt is a 6-10 PF/C that was recruited by Tulsa, New Orleans, Oral Roberts and McNeese out of HS and a 3 star recruit by rivals and 247.

If the Cardinals are as good on the court as they are on paper, this season could be special.

I'm not complaining about the current group of local players, just that I don't want more local players just to have local players on the squad. Harrison had a good freshman season and I hope he continues to improve. I hope McClure can put up half the scoring he did in high school. I hope Adams can improve on his performance from Austin Peay, If this will be Catt's fourth or fifth year of basketball he will still be a project just like Muoka was and how much he improves each year is key to Lamar's early success in the new WAC.