Top to bottom, is this the worst athletic program in history?

puddin tane

Born did not hire Price so I think we blame him for that. We will see what happens when the season ends. It seems obvious Price should retire.

Covid blew up the football season so that makes it hard to judge the new coaching staff. And with all the freshmen recruits it appears Coach Morgan is not aiming for a quick fix.

Will Davis is not a Born hire, but looking at the history of the baseball program , any coach not named Gilligan has been a failure.

I really do not follow the other sports so I can

Not making any excuses for the mens basketball program, but the Cards did get one of the tougher conference schedules this year. LU will have played each of the current top four teams twice by the end of the year and does not play Northwestern St, New Orleans, Central Arkansas or Southeastern La at all in conference play. The Cards did play a non-conference game against Southeastern which happens to be one of the wins for this year, so maybe the season would not look quite so bad if the schedule was different. My question for the conference office is how can you only invite the top eight schools to the tourney when your program did not get a chance to compete against everyone. That does not mean I think Lamar necessarily has earned a right to be there. For the other sports, like Coachacola stated most of them are still not Marco hires. I think last year was supposed to be a make or break year for Davis but, he was saved by covid. The ladies basketball team shows some signs of improvement over the coarse of the year, so we need to see what kind of recruits Franklin brings in this spring and how next year goes. Soccer and softball seem to be doing ok. Lot of room for improvement everywhere but probably need to give them a little more time. Honestly Price was never a good hire. He was just the inexpensive hire at the time. From what I know he is a great guy, but his teams are almost always lacking something. Born has one or two more years before the blame for the state of the program is all his.

Every sport , with the exception of cross country and soccer SUCKS. And soccer lost a conference game.

Well, a sport, especially on the men's side where Lu has been dominating, didn't happen today. XC. Men finished a distant 3rd and the women finished DFL in 12th place.

Our athletic programs are really in the pits right now. Hopefully, we can turn it around. Hate to say it but I don't think FB is not going to be pretty. I know it was Lincoln(MO) but Nicholls State absolutely destroyed them yesterday.

Well, a sport, especially on the men's side where Lu has been dominating, didn't happen today. XC. Men finished a distant 3rd and the women finished DFL in 12th place.

Our athletic programs are really in the pits right now. Hopefully, we can turn it around. Hate to say it but I don't think FB is not going to be pretty. I know it was Lincoln(MO) but Nicholls State absolutely destroyed them yesterday.

football is gonna be fugly

after being outscored 37-1 in the first 3 tourney games, softball WINS 4-1 vs Tarelton