Deiman Reyes 6-9 PF Commits To Lamar

lamarfan360

6 foot 8 inches and can jump out of the GYM! What a big time addition for Alvin Brooks. This is the finest recruiting we have seen since Roc was around

Agree! This guy has the potential to be really good in Brooks system. Anticipating some exciting basketball.

Most of my Cardinals Basketball watching started with the creation of the American South Conference, so I didn't see much of the Clarence Kea exploits. But his moves remind me of Neville Dyson. I'm going to say it- if he's 90% the player Neville Dyson is (or 80% of Adrian Caldwell), he's going to be part of the "solution" as we move into the WAC.

Talent was the major issue with Price's rosters (he just couldn't recruit the sort of guys he got at UNO). Brooks can walk into the living rooms of guys he recruited at U of H (but couldn't offer because they were the Coogs' 3rd-choice at that position that year) and offer them immediate PT at Lamar.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget that there's only 1 thing you can't coach a guy to be- you can't coach him to be taller.

Some of my favorite things to hear about this guy (pulling from Phenom Hoop Report)... phrases like: imposing interior presence on both ends of the floor. Intensity, strong motor,".... "Very difficult to keep him off the glass."... "an interior force on both ends of the court. Improving daily."

While his coach is going to heap praise, when Brooks is bringing in guys who are seen like that, this is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...