MBB at Miami of Ohio

geezer

Halftime finds the Cards down by 26, 58-32. From the field the Cards are shooting a respectable 40% but Miami is shooting 58% including 60% from the three point line on 12-20 shooting from distance. Cards are 4-10 on three pointers. Cards have ten first half turnovers leading to thirteen points for Miami.

Final score Miami 104 - Lamar 75. I agree I think defense and lack of experienced big men is the main problem. Free throw percentage was a disappointment at 57% for the game and many of the misses were the front ends of a one and one. Reyes and Catt were both 0-2 from the field, these guys have to score when they get the chance down low. I heard a great comment from Wayne Semien (former Kansas forward) as he was one of the announcers for the Kansas win over Tarleton Friday night. When asked about scoring when getting bumped he said the key for him was to focus on scoring and let the foul or no call take care of itself as opposed to trying to get the foul call. Nickerson was three of five from the field. Ledet was the leading scorer for the Cards with 15 points including four straight three pointers in the last few minutes of the game. Hopefully he is not quite as much of a pure streak shooter as Buster has been during his career. Cards return to action Monday at Georgia Tech.