MBB at Georgia Tech

geezer

Lamar offense much better early in the 2nd half as Lamar cuts the lead to as low as six points before GT gets hot on some three pointers and LU misses a couple of shots to extend the lead back to thirteen points with just over 11 minutes left in the game.

Georgia Tech stops the fall and wins by a final of 75 - 66. Adams led the Cards in scoring with 17, followed by Harrison with 10. GT out rebounded the Cards by ten for the game. Lamar had a total of eight turnovers. The main defensive problem I have noticed in the last two games is if Lamar collapses to the lane they tend to leave a three point shooter wide open and if the offense finds that player, Lamar can't get back out to really contest the shot attempt. GT shot a higher percentage on three point attempts than they did on field goals overall. Edited by geezer

I liked what I saw out of Catt in the middle on the defensive end. If he can keep improving and Ball can come in and play well then maybe the inside game won't be so bad. That would help take pressure off the guards.

McClure is getting more playing time than what I was expecting. Lot's of young guys playing. We'll see how well Brooks and his staff can transform this team into a contender.

I liked what I saw out of Catt in the middle on the defensive end. If he can keep improving and Ball can come in and play well then maybe the inside game won't be so bad. That would help take pressure off the guards.

McClure is getting more playing time than what I was expecting. Lot's of young guys playing. We'll see how well Brooks and his staff can transform this team into a contender.

McClure and Carpenter both look better than what I was expecting. Catt has better hands/touch than what I was expecting but is not as athletic as I hoped he would be. Adams appears to be better offensively than I was expecting but not as explosive/athletic as I was hoping. Like our intensity but left them open too many times for easy threes. Need to improve on rebounding.