MARCO BORN OUT ?

lu cards

Maybe whatever is going on has taken his focus away from Lamar Athletics. Hopefully he can get it straightened out. Wish him and his family the best. Meanwhile I hope Miss Thrill is ready and willing to demand improvement in things like public relations. It's time for some positive pre-event promotions.

Maybe whatever is going on has taken his focus away from Lamar Athletics. Hopefully he can get it straightened out. Wish him and his family the best. Meanwhile I hope Miss Thrill is ready and willing to demand improvement in things like public relations. It's time for some positive pre-event promotions.

And ticket office. But the PR is nonexistent

anybody else see the football schedule yesterday before it was corrected?

had our conference games marked Southland

Edited by puddin tane

Heard it on Elam's 6:00 sportscast. Went to the game (I'm starving for something to do) and saw Cardinal Club members and at least 3 former presidents who I hadn't seen in a long time. They seemed happier. Game was awful. 8 guys dressed, 8 others on the bench and unavailable.

How old is Tidwell ? We need to reach out to Chuck Langston or Rodney Cavness ! Need someone from setx or has deep roots here. Also needs to be a sports nut . That can have a beer with the refinery crowd and still be able to drink wine with the dr

Tidwell would be fine. Langston??? I think he'd be fine? Cavness? That seems like a very odd fit as for as job experience. Isn't he a Superintendent somewhere?

Tidwell left UTRGV a couple of years ago. My memory isn't very good, but wasn't he involved in the Pat Knight hire. If so, that is not the best indication that he would straighten things out. Yes, he was a very likeable guy while he was at Lamar. Tidwell is currently the Associate Head Coach at Kansas. Edited by geezer

Larry Tidwell is 68 and the current womens head coach at UTRGV. I would not mind him as the AD at LU. There's more rumors that LU is headed back to the SLC. If that happens then they might as well kill the basketball program now.[/QU

i like tidwell but his age gives me concerns. i think without any doubt the new ad needs to be from the 409. the last few ad's have been terrible imo and have come with experience. get a guy that knows southeast texas and people like and respect. lamar hasnt made a good hire in forever because they bring in outsiders that dont know shit about sports and this area.

When it comes to football and basketball, i dont think El Marco is much more than a resume receiving po box for the money bag boosters. I think THEY are the ones that tell marco who to hire.

now, the other sports, i think thats on marco. The pr, the tickets, that all people under Marco not doing their job

they need to get a big ass broom and sweep em all out the door.

and sorry coachacola, my vote is anti WACk

Tidwell left UTRGV a couple of years ago. My memory isn't very good, but wasn't he involved in the Pat Knight hire. If so, that is not the best indication that he would straighten things out. Yes, he was a very likeable guy while he was at Lamar. Tidwell is currently the Associate Head Coach at Kansas.

internet says hes at dallas christian college

• 3 weeks later...